• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

New and hoping to find support network

G

glimmerofhope

Hello, I am new here and should start off by saying I am a 26 year old female from Canada. I am certified in Psychosocial Rehabilitation. I may be new to this site and fairly young but I am no stranger to mental illness. I can't really say when things started because I can always remember having some sort of mental illness. I have memories of OCD taking over my daily life even at the age of 3 or 4. I suffered from selective mutism, anxiety, panic attacks and depression as a child. At the age of 14 I had a medical intervention and was placed on antidepressants. At the age of 17 I had my first psychotic break and experienced a manic episode. By the age of 18 I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Here I am now, struggling more than ever and am hoping that I will be able to find on-going support from everyone here. Desperate for help.

C

coolsup22

Hey I am here on this forum now
do u want to chat about our issues?

G

glimmerofhope

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
C Hi everyone, hoping to find support and support others x Introduce Yourself 13
raquelmaria15 Looking for a support group, hoping to find it here! Introduce Yourself 4
L Hi all, hoping to finally find some support... Introduce Yourself 3
B Hi, hoping to find some answers here. Introduce Yourself 4
T Hello. I'm new, lonely, being treated for PTSD/Anxiety/Depression. Hoping to find a peer group who understands. Introduce Yourself 25
H Hoping to find some help Introduce Yourself 12
K Hi.my name steve.been having a real rough patch lately and hoping to find like minded people to chat with. Introduce Yourself 7
L New to the site. Hoping to find people that can understand how I feel Introduce Yourself 12
P Hi, new here, hoping to find something good out of this. Introduce Yourself 8
S Hoping to find a welcoming community Introduce Yourself 4
S Hoping To Find Direction Introduce Yourself 4
Jleighm Hoping to find others I can relate with. Introduce Yourself 9
M hoping to find Loyd Introduce Yourself 2
F New and hoping to find my voice Introduce Yourself 8
M New here, hoping to cope wd all the difficulties life throws at us with little ease wd the help of this forum Introduce Yourself 4
B One very lonely Aussie hoping to connect. Introduce Yourself 8
TheGeneralSpiral New here, hoping to connect with people who have similar experiences. Introduce Yourself 24
H Hoping to make some connections here, very lonely, miserable, missing my old forum family Introduce Yourself 34
A First time on anything like this .Been I’ll for years with depression anxiety.Hoping to be able to share with others and here there stories and coping Introduce Yourself 10
G Hi, I'm new hoping to have a chat Introduce Yourself 6
G Just joined and hoping to get some insight Introduce Yourself 8
H Just hoping to talk to people with similar experience Introduce Yourself 11
L Hi, hoping to connect with others in situations of relationship OCD Introduce Yourself 2
M New and Hoping to Be Able to Relieve My Mind Introduce Yourself 5
K Hi, new hoping to make some friends please Introduce Yourself 3
L hoping for a way out of my loneliness oh and hi Introduce Yourself 5
A I'm hoping this helps Introduce Yourself 3
Butterfly_girl New here, hoping for advice Introduce Yourself 5
S Hoping for suggestions Introduce Yourself 5
C Hoping for some understanding Introduce Yourself 11
M New to this forum hoping to understand myself Introduce Yourself 7
Allkreatures Hoping Introduce Yourself 4
AustralianDeb1986 Hoping for a little kindness to keep me going Introduce Yourself 16
B Hello everyone. I’m hoping to get a bit better. Introduce Yourself 11
N Hoping to do better Introduce Yourself 8
B Hi! Hoping to get some help and also give some wherever I can :) Introduce Yourself 2
4 Just a junkie waiting/hoping to die ‘TRIGGER WARNING’ Introduce Yourself 13
M Hoping to get helpful insight Introduce Yourself 2
B New here, hoping this might help me Introduce Yourself 4
peachandlilly new here and hoping for a change Introduce Yourself 3
H Hi-hoping for some help with health anxiety Introduce Yourself 4
sicktiredbrokeshan Hi, new user here. Hoping us all happiness/relief in the very near future. Introduce Yourself 2
D Hello and Hoping to hear your advice and experiences Introduce Yourself 4
M Hi I’m Maggie and I am hoping to open up more and understand myself better. Introduce Yourself 3
L Hi I'm Lorra hoping to engage in helpful conversations regarding mental health issues I currently witness in my family members .borderline personality Introduce Yourself 24
F Hi Everyone :). I am new to this website and I am hoping you will be able to help me if you are able to please when I leave my message later :) Introduce Yourself 7
R New here. Not sure what to expect but hoping to connect to others with disassociation Introduce Yourself 12
S New Here, hoping for a better understanding ing Introduce Yourself 3
H Hi hoping some one can help Introduce Yourself 4
A Hoping to share and support others like myself Introduce Yourself 2