• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

New and confused

Fartoolong

Fartoolong

Hi there,
I'm not sure if i'm in the right place, but hello anyway?

I'm Louise, and i'm twentysix. I live in London and am married and have a daughter.

Ok, enough with the details.

I have been bulimic for over ten years and in August last year, I came clean to my family and friends. This last year has been the hardest of my life, but i'm now only two weeks off being binge and purge free for a year! Yay me!

OK, now with the reason that i'm here. I'm really struggling at the moment, and have been on and off for a while now. I thought that it was all bulimic related, but i'm not so sure now!

I have noticed that my mood changes very quickly, and I have days/weeks where I feel completley out of control of myself and my actions. I'm leaning towards thinking that I may be bipola, and maybe verging on the edge of being an alcoholic! Wow, that was scaring saying that outloud!!!

So, basically i'm after some advice and guidance.

I'm seeing my psyciatrist on Wednesday for my eating disorder, as a regular checkup, so i'm going to discuss this with her, but was just after some tips in the meantime.

Hope that all is well with everyone.
Am off to have a bit of a nose around the site now!
Lxxx:mad:

bluenomore

bluenomore

Hi Louise,
:welcome: to the forum.

Diagnosing someone's mental state via the internet is slightly tricky, and even more so when you're not a doctor (which I'm not).

Having said that there is lots of friendly support around here :)

Onlymebud

Onlymebud

:welcome:
Hi, i hope this place is as much help to you as it is me.
Not really in a position to offer advise sorry, only to say there are plenty here who can help :hug:

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi Louise and :welcome: to the Forum. Sounds as though you are in the right place :) and hope you can find sone support here.

Nick.