• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

New and alone

V

Vegan_cat_lover

Hi all I'm new to this (yes I've already said that) I don't know what I expect really maybe someone to talk to. I feel very unwell right now like overly aware of my surroundings and I don't want that. I need something to detach me. I want to sit and not think, not feel and to just be there but not there in the sense that everyone and everything is an annoyance. This is making no sense I get that. But hopefully someone will come by this read it and get what I mean.
Nat

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi Vegan_cat_lover welcome to the forum :welcome:

V

Vegan_cat_lover

I think until I can get to a point where I can remove myself from my feelings nothing will alter. I want to read books, be alone and feel content

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
I think until I can get to a point where I can remove myself from my feelings nothing will alter. I want to read books, be alone and feel content
Have you tried meditation or mindfulness. I find that it helps center the mind and empty it of negative thoughts. There are many online courses and even youtube videos that can teach you simple techniques. Also I find that keeping my mind occupied by reading books, watching movies and engaging in hobbies can make me zone out for a while. I hope you find a way to feel better. Take care and best wishes.

M

Also here's my sisters cat

AlwaysinCrown

AlwaysinCrown

Eh, I'd prefer cats to dogs but I've terrible terrible allergies to them :(

V

Vegan_cat_lover

Hello , cats are fab ,
my boy cat is on the bed and girl cat- his sister is cleaning herself .
how are your cats ?
I have two ragdolls an adopted male who is 8 and a female who is 4, also a very fancy Norwegian forest kitten. I find their presence a tonic in itself