• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

New Again, I guess

WifeWithDepression

WifeWithDepression

Founding Member
Kind of strange coming back. Looks like I joined about 2 years ago. OMG so much has happened since then. I got an email from the forum about voices and since that has been a new development here, thought I'd take a look.

As I recall, I posted a fair amount of personal stuff then paniced that the wrong person might see it and asked to have some things deleted.

OK, this forum is errily similar to another one I know of. Can anyone tell me where it originates from? What country?

WWD

WifeWithDepression

WifeWithDepression

Founding Member
OK, it's coming back to be. This site is primarily in the UK as I recall. Back when I joined I was kind of frantic, looking for answers, searching everywhere. I think I looked at multiple forums, from depression to DID to bipolar. GEEZ, 2008 is a year I'd never want to repeat.

D

Dashem

Hi newby or newboy?

LOL..I also joined 2008 and think this site is much better than then, hope u find wot ur looking 4. so far it is benefitting me..:p...

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Welcome back.I hope you find support here.

keepsafe

keepsafe

:welcome: back to the forum - hope you find it supportive

WifeWithDepression

WifeWithDepression

Founding Member
:unsure:

It's all coming back to me now. The forum was much different in appearance then.

I think then, I was pretty new to using forums and I felt that I needed something local. Frankly, I was wrong. I mean, I do think that local support, face to face if you can do it, is important but I have to say, I have great friends online now. Friends I talk with every day who are in Canada, England and Australia.

Thank you to those welcoming me back.

Rasmusgirl

Rasmusgirl

Hi there. I too have been a member of a forum where I made some lovely friends (Im new to this one though). It was like being in a big family and very supportive. Im pleased to know you have had help from this forum, because that means I made the right choice coming here! I find its often easier to talk to people online, where you are reasonably anonomous, and you can "bob" in when you have time.
Ive found that all my "real" friends have gently slipped out of the picture since I started my role as a carer two years ago, which is quite sad. Of course, i do feel lonely, especially for face-to-face frineds whom i used to share alot of fun with. But talking on a forum really does help to ease the loneliness. Welcome back anyway!(y)