Never thought I'd be here!

S

SteviesWanderers22

Hey guys!

Just joined here a few days ago but, so much has happened since then.
Firstly, the depression, or little dark cloud, has been really, really bad, which in turn hasn't helped the social and general anxiety. Add chronic pain into the mix and you've got me!!
I'm waiting to be admitted as an in-patient to a Mental health hospital and I'm panicking. Part of me feels so ashamed of this. I'm thinking what if word gets out. Will people be looking at me differently? "Look at her, she was in hospital because of her mental health!!" I'm feeling self conscious before it even happens.
I never thought this would happen to me. Life clearly had other ideas!!
A really good friend has brought me to stay with them for a few days before I go into hospital and has been more then supportive in so many ways - including letting me bring my little dog. I can't help but think I'm a failure for ending up like this and I wish I could stop myself from feeling like this.
Lads! Will you keep your fingers, toes, eyes and paws crossed for me for the next couple of days and weeks and send some positive vibes my way!!
I am forever grateful 😯

E

emotionallydrained

Please don't ever feel ashamed. This is something you have no control over. The good thing is you're trying to get better and take control of your life by going to get help. That in itself speaks volumes and it shows that you do want to get and feel better. Hang in there and know that there are people who do care.

Z

Zoe1

hi Stevies , sure can !

im in pain at the moment as well with my hip joint
although it somehow takes my mind off my mental health

the care of your good friend shows how valuable you are
and how a good friend will love you unconditionally
something I forget sometimes myself
when I'm not living up to the norm

I found hospital difficult at first
but they did really help me I realised later on

hold on to the things that interest you in life !
looking forward to hearing how it goes

:hug5:

Urban Hermit

Urban Hermit

:welcome:to the forum, I hope you are feeling okay soon xx

Foxjo

Foxjo

Staff Member on Leave
Hi and welcome to the forum.
You should never be ashamed for being sick. It is not a life choice.

I'm so glad you have friends around you. Bless them. Make the most of the support you get. You cannot get better by yourself you need help from others so accept it.

Keep us posted on how you get on.
Hugs
Fox

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
welcome to the forum x one in 4 people suffer from mental illness at some point during their lifetime so please don't ever feel ashamed xx