• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Never thought I’d be feeling like this

A

And711

Hello, everyone. Like the title says, I never thought I’d be someone who needed to talk about my feelings because I’ve always considered myself to be in control of my emotions. I’m a 21 year old female, but despite being young I’ve had a few health issues come up that have made it hard to get a grip lately. I have problems with my heart that my doctors haven’t figured out yet, and the whole process of doing tests and waiting for results has really taken a toll. Sometimes I feel like my heart is going to stop at any second, and I’m not sure if it’s from my heart issues or from my newfound anxiety. I’m in my last semester of university, but I’m finding it very hard to concentrate on anything but my heart beating in my chest. I often lie awake at night half hoping I’ll wake up the next morning and half hoping I won’t so that I don’t have to feel this way anymore. I’m just so scared the doctors will tell me there’s something seriously wrong and I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle it. The anxiety is killing me, and I can’t stop having these thoughts even though I know it probably only makes my heart problems worse. I don’t know what I’m expecting from posting this other than to get it off my chest. I hope I will at least be able to come back in a few weeks and say it’s gotten a little better. Any advice for getting through this would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Z

Zoe1

hi And711 :welcome: !

I remember a time when I thought I would never become unwell too
I thought I had a good upbringing
and I was immune to getting mental health issues !

we don't always know where its coming from
but it sounds to me like you have become a bit isolated perhaps

if you're not making friends there
you might find there is a student counsellor on the campus
someone to talk to so that these thoughts don't build up in our heads

I hope you find it helpful here

:grouphug:

A

And711

hi And711 :welcome: !

I remember a time when I thought I would never become unwell too
I thought I had a good upbringing
and I was immune to getting mental health issues !

we don't always know where its coming from
but it sounds to me like you have become a bit isolated perhaps

if you're not making friends there
you might find there is a student counsellor on the campus
someone to talk to so that these thoughts don't build up in our heads

I hope you find it helpful here

:grouphug:
Hi, Zoe1. I think you’re right about the isolation. Being alone the majority of the time definitely has not helped my situation. I would really like to talk to a counselor, but I cannot talk about my feelings without bursting into tears. I don’t know why this is, but it has prevented me from talking to anyone about this in person. I hope to be able to pull myself together one day and talk to someone about what I’m feeling. Thank you for your reply

Z

Zoe1

awww im so sorry to hear that And

counsellors are all about welcoming your tears
your sad feelings and your happy ones too

its just like the sunshine needs the rain !

kimidare

kimidare

Hi and welcome :)

For the consellor or any other person, you can write your feelings and thoughts on a paper, or by email, or messages.
It s the way I used to talk about my problems at the beginning, it works well ^^.

Have a nice day

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Hi And711 welcome to the forum :welcome:

jajingna

jajingna

This site is good for writing out whatever comes to mind. You could use the journal section too to explore your thoughts a bit. Sometimes I'm surprised what comes out like I was unaware of my own thoughts or something. They say writing can be therapeutic and this is a safe and supportive place for that.