• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

We are an actively moderated forum. We work hard to keep the forum safe.

To access many more features and forums please register now

never sure if i had ocd or not

S

sun123

hey if someone out there could tell me. i'm pretty sure i have ocd because i did lots of research and looked on forums. however i'm too scared to get an actual diagnosis because i don't want to talk to my parents. i also am anxious and selfharmed my nails. It hurts a lot sometimes and since i'm a pianist i can't play properly. but i always thought it was just a "bad habit". but i realised even though i know it's terrible to do it i can't stop doing it. i just need to do it even if i stop doing it for a day i need to do it the next day. if i don't do it i feel unsatisfied and terrible and just like something's nagging at me the entire day and i feel anxious and just not right in general. is this ocd or am i thinking of the wrong thing

N

Narcissist714

ACCOUNT CLOSED
No one here can diagnose you unless they have formal training. Is there a reason why you don’t want to tell your parents?

S

sun123

they have some sort of stigma against mental health and always speak strangely towards it whenever i hint or talk about it. i also don't really have the best relationship with them. my house is pretty dysfunctional.

N

Narcissist714

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I think you should still tell them because only a professional can figure out why you’re doing that and treat it. It doesn’t sound like ocd but I could be wrong. The way to know for sure is to see someone.