Never look at wedding photos when feeling blackness

Z

ziedite

Note to self - never look at the photos from the happiest day of your life when you are feeling so depressed and blue as it will trigger such sadness that the tears just won't stop flowing.

Sorry to be a downer but that is what happened today and now I can't stop crying. I will never feel as good about myself as I did on that day as I felt loved and wanted. Now I just hate myself. And it's so sad, its almost tragic. I feel like such a failure now at so many levels, and just want to exit this life. That day, so many years ago, it was so different.

JustAnotherHuman

JustAnotherHuman

:hug: It’s ok if things aren’t like how they used to be, things change and sometimes we can’t really do much about it. It’s nice to look to the past and see all the good things that happened, but you shouldn’t compare it to what life is like today. Like you said it was so different back then, so it’s unfair to compare then and now. You shouldn’t be harsh on yourself and the problems you have now, because your circumstances may be more difficult than back then.

Also you don’t need to apologise for being a downer and crying. We’re here to help those who are struggling, so we’ll always send you love even if you’re being a downer. And always allow yourself to cry, it often helps you feel much better and is just a natural thing human beings do. Heck, I even watch/listen to sad stuff when I’m down to help get the tears out.:hug:

S

Sarabi_Gyarados

Hi zie. If I know one thing about life, it's that things are always changing. Try to be grateful that you had that happy day, and know that more happy days will come. That day was evidence that good things can happen for you, and can again.

E

exusano

Life changes and as you continue on it's okay to look at past things and moments but don't compare to your future. Focus on what you do have, that you are alive and that you can express your feelings and that you have this forum where you can share moments and get encouragement. It's best to focus on the good things that give you the motivation to wake up every morning. Try to focus on what you are grateful for every day, from just morning coffee to even watching a nice movie. Even breathing is something to be thankful for. There are those who need to buy oxygen just to breathe. I hope you are encouraged and know there is hope.

S

Sarabi_Gyarados

That's a lovely post exusano and helped me a lot as well. Thank you!