• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Never full

K

Katie84

Hi, i dont take any medications but through my depression i have gained over 5 stone in the last 3 years and it is still climbing :(

I can not stop eating, god knows how many times i have said im gonna diet then try and give up and end up pigging out, im stuffing so much down to make me feel better but it just doesnt anymore.

Doctor wanted me on tablets to not make me absorb the fat but i know i would be on the loo all the time with the side effects.

My weight is putting me down further and i dont know what to do, im always thinking about food and the only time i am happy is when i go shopping for it.

Please help! any ideas i have a BMI of 40 already and at this rate i can see myself being seriously ill.

Thanks

escape

escape

hey katie, welcome

this is a very common thing you are going thru, i suffer from the very same thing. at times to doesnt get to me so much but at times iv seen myself haveing two or three chipper supers in one night coz i feel like crap.

i realy dont know what advise i cant give to you coz i dont know your whole situation and im not a doctor but i just thought i should let you know you are not alone

:grouphug:

R

riverofdragons

I have just started on Orlistat (the medication which stops you absorbing around one third of the fat you eat) and it isn't all that bad. You do have to watch what you eat, but for me its the gentle reminder to make an informed choice over what i put in my body. I have not been hungry so far which is good for me. Part of my illness includes binge eating.

I have always found that I need to really want to lose weight and be in the right frame of mind, otherwise I fail.

I believe in you....do you?

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
A lipid imbalance could cause the unnatural hunger.

R

riverofdragons

thought i would let you know that on these tablets i have lost 9lbs in one week. worth some side effects!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
a random girl Eating Disorders Forum 3