• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

Never felt so low

A

AL123

Hi all thanks for the replies . It’s very much appreciated. Today has been another struggle . I really want to improve things and want to change my ways but I just still find myself with no motivation and very little enthusiasm.

Martha Farquhar

Martha Farquhar

Can you think of one thing you like doing? Even if its seems small and insignificant.

A

AL123

I can however the way I’m feeling is preventing me from
Doing it . I literally am just sitting here at the moment staring into space.

Z

ziedite

Hi AL123...you say that you're on meds for anxiety... but have you had a proper diagnosis for what troubles you? I.e. is it anxiety, or something else in addition? You say you're in a constant low mood with no motivation and have negative thoughts in your head. Now, I'm not an expert, but depression comes to mind when I read those words. That may be different meds altogether.

How much have you explained your distress to your GP and have you demanded a therapy referral? I agree with others that meds usually are not sufficient in managing and improving your mood, they tend to stabilise you enough to cope. But you are seeking improvement, and therapy tends to be the only verifiable treatment. So I'd push for getting some help in that regard. And be honest and don't do the English thing about downplaying how upset you really are... it will not help. You need and deserve to get some assistance in coping.

Take care and let us know what you need.

G

GaryC123

Hi. I’m not even sure what to properly say on here but here it goes . I have never felt this low before in my life . Part of me just wants to end it all now and the other part says carry on. I can’t carry on though this way. Every day seems like a constant struggle . I am a shadow of my former self and I can’t see how I’m going to change . I Can’t carry on this way no longer . Any advice is appreciated . Thank you
Hi AL123, not sure of the specifics of what exactly you are going through but I felt sort of similar when I was first diagnosed with mental illness. I was devastated and thought the world had ended. Fortunately the world kept going, though. It took some time but I got accustomed to life in the "slow lane". I've also managed to find others who are diagnosed who share my experiences and now I have some friends who live through and understand what I go through. Having people in my life that understand has been a great benefit. If you know of any support groups in your area that you can attend, maybe that might help lift your spirits some. Or you can post here and we'll help in the best way we can. Not everyone is a "Type A" go getter. There are other people out there like us.

A

AL123

Hi all it is a mixture of anxiety and depression I feel . I just find any day to day task impossible to do right now . I want to get better and make things better for myself but my mind just isn’t letting me do that right now . I am trying not to beat myself up about the situation but am just getting extremely angry with myself for not seeming to try and tackle the issues and just letting them win . It’s having that horrible attitude of today is going to be a struggle rather than saying I can do this I can start to make positive steps .

S

sunset547544

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but what about focusing on getting fit and healthy, or at least trying? It's quite easy to do, just requires some dedication. I love walking because it's natural, gentle, burns lots of calories and doesn't require to pay money to work out in a stuffy gym. Maybe a fitness tracker as well to check your progress. Health is basically the #1 priority, if you can work on that I am sure it would help you. If I have been cooped up inside too long I start feeling really bad.

A

AL123

I have wanted to try this and it is really really good advice . But every time I say to myself right let’s give it a go let’s try that’s where it ends or I put it back a week then another week so so on. The one thing I’m really struggling on at the moment is having the motivation to change and realising that just a few steps here and there can go a long way to making things better . Implementing them into my life just seems so distant. When I think this way then I’m just back to dark thoughts and that I’m never going to get better.

S

steve1953

Hi AL123, I am new here, my first post! I have been posting/advising on a hyperacusuis forum 'tinnitus and over sensitive hearing' for 2 years now where there is also a lot of depression issues - and said all I wanted to say on there after a 100+ posts over the last 2 years. I have been through hyperacusis and depression myself several years ago and come through it at 65 years of age... I have been studying hard since with self healing for the last 2 years so I've learned a lot which I would like to share. I am hoping to open at my church or local hospital a room in the future where I can teach 'for free' my self healing skills - so here I arrived researching mental health issues this morning to see where I go from here with my skills, and your message touched my heart - I would like to offer a light in the darkness if you will allow me, and see if I can help you and any others who would like to join in.

Regards Steve.

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi AL123, I am new here, my first post! I have been posting/advising on a hyperacusuis forum 'tinnitus and over sensitive hearing' for 2 years now where there is also a lot of depression issues - and said all I wanted to say on there after a 100+ posts over the last 2 years. I have been through hyperacusis and depression myself several years ago and come through it at 65 years of age... I have been studying hard since with self healing for the last 2 years so I've learned a lot which I would like to share. I am hoping to open at my church or local hospital a room in the future where I can teach 'for free' my self healing skills - so here I arrived researching mental health issues this morning to see where I go from here with my skills, and your message touched my heart - I would like to offer a light in the darkness if you will allow me, and see if I can help you and any others who would like to join in.

Regards Steve.
Hi and welcome to forum @steve1953

That’s very kind and much appreciated. I am sure lots of people here that will be interested, including me, to learn from you. Our battle with mental illnesses a combination of suffering and a learning journey for healing. The more we know the more we win and be in control.

Have you thought about doing live sessions online via Skype or maybe YouTube broadcasting? People can interact and ask questions. For a starter maybe start with people on the forum. This just a suggestion by the way and sorry to sound interfering.

Thanks again Steve.
May god bless and protect you.

S

steve1953

Lovely reply thank you and God bless you. I will keep that in mind for the future, but for now I will wait for a reply from AL123 and take it one step at a time, thank you again, feel free to join in conversation once it gets going.

Martha Farquhar

Martha Farquhar

Steve, do those self-healing techneques envole Church, God/religion?

S

steve1953

What a strange question, It might not go any further if al123 doesn't reply, its positive energy what we all run off, and if you don't like what I say then complain then, if the powers that be that run the site don't like it then they will remove me so you're safe, now I'll wait for my reply from AL if he/she replies.

A

AL123

Hi Steve. Thank you so much for your reply . I’m not sure how others feel about this but would you be willing to share some of your skills / advice over the forum? Little tips / talks on here are very much appreciated by me and im sure they would be by others .

S

steve1953

I'll try - strange as people think I'm going to preach to them, very strange lol.

Ok here goes, I prepared this earlier..

Its small steps now to gain possible big rewards...

We start at the beginning, some things you may or not know is the - body'soul'spirit - within, which 'exists' I call these 3 my 'system' is all energy, also nails, hair, lungs, blood all energy 100% - two types of energy, positive and negative energy. your negative energy is too high right now to function correctly... Your positive energy can be on the way up right now though as you know you have someone on your side.

More about energy, the table in your room is made of energy the same, difference is the table 'energy vibrations' is much lower so it doesn't move, so we will talk about energy vibration later, look it up if you like research it.

So to start with I'd like to suggest a couple of very simple things - i'd like you to get a couple of photos of family, or magazine photos of a film star or singer, and put one in your kitchen and the other in your bedroom, no more than 2 or its gets boring - not photos of someone looking sexy, 'smiling' photos bigger smile the better - and each time you look smile back, its
positive energy coming into your system as you feel good and smile.

Also smart phones, don't put to ear when on charge, bad energy comes off them when on charge for just half an inch then goes back, but you don't want to be putting that to your brain, and keep screen brightness sensible, there is a app called 'well brightness' for lowering it...

exercise is important too as mentioned by other people, I got the mountain bike out of the shed 2 years ago and get on it in the mornings, then I was able to reduce medication dramatically as I got stronger, I don't expect you to do this, but some light exercise starting now please, today and remember regular deep breaths especially during conversation or looking at media facebook etc.

And when you get up tomorrow morning I would like you to say to yourself, 'today is going to be a better day' - its so important to start getting the energy level adjustment in good shape for the day.

let me know when you've put some of these suggestions into practice and we'll continue possible chat and improvements, - if you want to.

S

steve1953

Negative energy can cause all sorts of physical heath problems, from depression to spots and rashes on the skin. In my opinion, the only way to remove excessive negative energy from your body is to put in positive energy by smiling talking to positive people, that pushes out negative; trees have loads of positive energy. When I had a spots/rashes issue 3 years ago doctors couldn't shift them over a 9 month period - only when I started my research with positive energy did they disappear totally, we talk more if you like, i'm logging off now for the night - good luck fighting this, THERE IS HOPE of fast recovery, but you have to want it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Martha Farquhar

Martha Farquhar

Steve. It wasn't "people" it was just me. "I" just asked a question. Just based on Church and God being mentioned by you and not going into much detail, wondered what was coming next. I haven't resorted to calling what you've said as strange.
Sorry that you've taken it the wrong way.

S

sunset547544

Great idea with the smiling pictures. I am thinking about getting a giant smiling emoji picture for a wall :)

S

steve1953

Nice smiley face that Sunset, nice one go get that positive energy into your system, have a nice day all.