Never felt so low

A

AL123

Hi. I’m not even sure what to properly say on here but here it goes . I have never felt this low before in my life . Part of me just wants to end it all now and the other part says carry on. I can’t carry on though this way. Every day seems like a constant struggle . I am a shadow of my former self and I can’t see how I’m going to change . I Can’t carry on this way no longer . Any advice is appreciated . Thank you

Foxjo

Foxjo

Forum Safety Team
Forum Guide
Hi Al
First step would be to see your doctor and explain that you need support. I'm not just talking about any medication but importantly talking therapies which can really help you figure out low mood and where it has come from.

Have a look around the forum also I have found great support here.
Hugs
fox

A

AL123

Hi Al
First step would be to see your doctor and explain that you need support. I'm not just talking about any medication but importantly talking therapies which can really help you figure out low mood and where it has come from.

Have a look around the forum also I have found great support here.
Hugs
fox

A

AL123

Hi fox

Thank you for replying . Means a lot to me . I have seen a doctor who has put me on tablets . Some days they work some days they don’t . I have considered therapy but am not sure if I will be able to cope with it . I find it difficult opening up about my issues .

A

AL123

Thank you . Appreciate reply . Just feel really hopeless right now. Can’t see any light at end of tunnel

L

letmein

hey Al. you want to expand on things?

whats going on?

A

AL123

I just find myself constantly in a low mood . I have no motivation to do anything and am in a constant state of negative thinking . Thoughts come into my head which quite honestly scare me . It just feels as if I’m falling to pieces and those pieces are majority broken . I always feel lonely as well. I feel quite guilty because I’m sure there are people on here who need you guys more . Just felt needed to post this and get help .

Martha Farquhar

Martha Farquhar

Hello Al123, what are the thoughts that come in to your head that scare you?

A

AL123

Hi Martha. They are all kind of thoughts that range from possibly ending it all to constant worry about day(s) . Sounds so silly doesn’t it

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hi Al

If I am not mistaken, you are having intrusive thoughts and they are terrifying. Those thoughts are not you. They are only thoughts. Try to counter those thoughts with positive ones. Always inforce positivity.

A good sign is that those thoughts scare and you are looking for help. Be strong and look at all the bright days in your life.

May I ask what kind of medication are you on?

A

AL123

Thank you for the reply . I’m just terrified why these thoughts are coming into my head . It just feels like I’m going to give into them one day . It’s a constant battle which I’m losing now. Your are so right about the positivity and totally get that but I can’t stop thinking negative. I am on tablets for anxiety right now .

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Thank you for the reply . I’m just terrified why these thoughts are coming into my head . It just feels like I’m going to give into them one day . It’s a constant battle which I’m losing now. Your are so right about the positivity and totally get that but I can’t stop thinking negative. I am on tablets for anxiety right now .
That’s exactly what I was dealing with in November of last year and lasting until my medication started to really work in mid January of this year. I was terrified and even got confused if those are my thoughts.

If you have been on meds for more than 3 months and still not feeling good, you might want to consider upping your dose or ask your doctor to change them.

I started to take Escitalopram in later November and the difference is like day and night. The intrusive thoughts had completely gone. My panic attacks are done. I get anxious every now and then but nothing that I can’t deal with or easily brush off.

I can say for sure in spring and summer of this year I will be completely free of all symptoms.

Give your meds time. It happened to me few times when I was thinking that my meds weren’t working. Thank god I continued.

Anxiety can cause intrusive thoughts.

I hope you feel better soon and please don’t hesitate to ask ask questions or if you need someone to talk to.

A

AL123

Hopeful thanks for the message . Im
So glad your on the mend . Should inspire to you. I’ve been on my meds for three months now and some days they really help others feels like waste of time taking them. Little things that shouldn’t worry me do and It feels like I’m just worrying about anything these days . Complete mess

Hopeful313

Hopeful313

Hopeful thanks for the message . Im
So glad your on the mend . Should inspire to you. I’ve been on my meds for three months now and some days they really help others feels like waste of time taking them. Little things that shouldn’t worry me do and It feels like I’m just worrying about anything these days . Complete mess
You are very welcome 🙏

Are you relying on meds alone? If yes, I would like to inform that meds are helpful but not enough.

You need to change your daily routine if you are not active. Get into therapy and exercise. Being physically active has tremendous health benefits for the brain.

The reason I mentioned therapy is if you go back and read your first post and down to the last one, you are going to see that your tone has changed and I could see some of the confusion is cleared. This is what therapy is needed for. It clarifies and draws you attention to things that are confusing for you.

I am not worried about you so much now🙂

You will come through this just like before.

abbasrizvi918

abbasrizvi918

Listen, if you are tired of pushing each day then it won't cut it.
Every day is a struggle - bitter truth.
If you just wanna enjoy with all the hard stuff gone than you can never achieve happiness.
Love and enjoy the hardships.
" It is not the destination, but the journey makes the man "

Martha Farquhar

Martha Farquhar

Can’t face day ahead I just can’t
Have you tried something like the Headspace app? There are some free "meditations" there. Just might try to take some of the focus of the worries and negative thoughts for a bit. I too get caught up in negative thinking and visual images. I found it helped to counter argue the negative thoughts rather than try and blank them out, as they just keep popping back otherwise.

You can self refer yourself, online usually, to a local mental heath team in England, they hopefully could help you counter the intrusive thoughts. Be honest about how distressing you find it.