• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Nervous this morning

R

Rider52

I slept well last night and woke up feeling anxious this morning. This definitely gets frustrating. The physical symptoms make it worse like shaking, feeling warm, chills, and fatigue. Just the other day I was out for a ride on my mountain bike and feeling ok. Hopefully it eases up after bit.

bpd2020

bpd2020

I am sorry to hear you woke up feeling anxious. I really hope the anxiety passes soon. Maybe you can do something nice for yourself today?

BlueFox

BlueFox

Sounds rough, hopefully you are feeling better soon. Maybe go for a bike ride since you mentioned that? Might take your mind off it.

R

Rider52

I felt nervous throughout the day yesterday. Towards evening I started to feel better. Unfortunately I woke up again in the middle of the night feeling the same way again. Anxiety is so unpredictable. 😔

Lunar Lady

Lunar Lady

Forum Guide
Hi @Rider52,

This is familiar territory for me.

What I've found to be helpful is sitting down quietly with a piece of paper for ten minutes and writing down what comes into my head. I think I have a tendency to push away thoughts that make me feel worried or uncomfortable. Because I'm not dealing with them, my unconscious mind tries to process them when I'm asleep...and I wake up feeling anxious. Give yourself at least ten minutes every day of being still and focused on relaxation - stretch out on the couch, close your eyes and just let your mind wander...see what pops up.

Although we have all grown more accustomed to living with this pandemic, there is a level of stress in the background that can take us to tipping point. We need to nurture our MH more than ever.

Hope your day gets better xxx

Carol1952

Carol1952

I slept well last night and woke up feeling anxious this morning. This definitely gets frustrating. The physical symptoms make it worse like shaking, feeling warm, chills, and fatigue. Just the other day I was out for a ride on my mountain bike and feeling ok. Hopefully it eases up after bit.
I am so sorry you are not feeling well.I have been through this many of times and it is just awful I am on meds but they dont always work,I just try to lay down and relax watch a little bit of tv.If u ever need to talk I am here for you. :hug1: :low:

H

huntsman

I have woken up with anxiety before. I understand how annoying it can be. But usually talking to my friends gets my mind off it enough to calm down. I have also heard that exorcising helps with anxiety. So its good you go cycling.

I hope you will feel better.