Nervous breakdown

H

historicallass

I know this is a catch-all term, but again I am really struggling.
My GP thinks I am mid-breakdown, and I am really struggling.

I have therapy, I am very medicated for depression and anxiety. I have had 2 failed returns to work, I amstruggling to function on any level.

I can't concentrate, I can't sleep, I sleep too much, I am slovenly, I am hyper, I can't face food, I binge. I usually hate myself. I self harm, I plot my suicide.

I need someone to tell me there is hope. I cannot carry on like this, all my relationships are suffereing, especailly with my partner.

intelgal

intelgal

Founding Member
I have been in a very similer position and can identify with all the above statements.... it can get better and I hope your been directed to the right support., You certinaly find some on here .. take care xx

missjones

missjones

It can get better. I had similar feelings recently but through medication and seeing a psychologist again, I am starting to move forward very slowly.

I hope you get the support you need.

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Hi & :welcome:

I've been there too unfortunately. It's a slow process but with the right combination of meds and/or therapy you can start taking the small steps to the end of what I'm sure seems like a long, dark tunnel.

:flowers:

J

jamesdean

Hi for me the nervous breakdown was the acute stage thats kind of shaped the last twnety years, It was avery slow process n I didnt think I would ever come out of it, I used to lye on my nans sofa most of the afternoons when coming back from the day hospital it was a hot summer in 1990. It kinda took me twenty years to hit it because I didnt know how to talk about my depression.
It sounds like everyones in a agreement that you do come out of a nervous breakdown though everyones journey is then very different, I hope that gives you some postive thoughts and that you recover from your breakdown take care JD

D

Dollit

Take time. Getting better isn't a race and since you're the only one in it a race would be pretty pointless. Set your self a small task and when you've done it, no matter how long it takes set another one. Be good to yourself and don't beat yourself up about it. If you had a broken leg you'd give yourself time to heal so give yourself time to heal.

bupanishad2012

bupanishad2012

Nervous Breakdown?

Good point, Dollitt! I have always seen mental illness just as any bodily illness that takes time, effort, and medication to get through. You don't usually expect a cut or a bruise to heal overnight. Why should you do that with a mental illness? Since it's the mind, however, working on the mind, it usually takes another person to help out. Sometimes that's doctors, sometimes that's a friend, or a book, or a religious faith. Time, I've found, heals much---if for no other reason than that things inevitably change in life. What hurts today may be found to be a blessing tomorrow, as well as vice versa. If certain images on TV or the movies, etc., are bothering you, don't watch them! Create your own environment---and we can all do this to some extent. Create your own REAL world, not some sham fantasy. Change is ubiquitious! Allow things to heal!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nickybow86 Depression Forum 4
S Depression Forum 7