• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Nervous about posting

P

Pink101

Not really used to posting on forums so sorry if I say anything incorrectly or don’t make sense.
For the what seems like the longest time(close to 3 years on and off)I’ve been binging and purging (I’ve never been to the drs or been diagnosed) and recently it’s gotten worse (almost everyday) I just feel so ashamed and feel like I can’t speak to anyone or tell them, even my bf
But recently I noticed my front teeth seem to be slightly chipping, and earlier when I was eating one of my back teeth split, not saying this is only due to this but it’s scared me because I know it can be a side effect, I’m really struggling to know what to do? Because I always says I won’t let it happen again
I’m also nervous to go to the dentist

P

Pink101

Wondering if anyone had any ideas on ways I could get help or tell someone

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Well attempting to get a therapist would be the best idea. You want to identify why you do it and then work on how to stop. You definitely need to let your bf know (how does he not notice you purging ?) If you feel like you have trouble saying the words, you could try writing down what you want to say.

P

Pink101

Well attempting to get a therapist would be the best idea. You want to identify why you do it and then work on how to stop. You definitely need to let your bf know (how does he not notice you purging ?) If you feel like you have trouble saying the words, you could try writing down what you want to say.
Thank you!
I don’t live with him so usually whenever he’s not there and I also don’t think he knows anything about stuff like this