• Safety Notice: This section on Psychiatric Drugs/Medications enables people to share their personal experiences of using such drugs/medications. Always seek the advice of your doctor, psychiatrist or other qualified health professional before making any changes to your medications or with any questions you may have regarding drugs/medications. In considering coming off psychiatric drugs it is very important that you are aware that most psychiatric drugs can cause withdrawal reactions, sometimes including life-threatening emotional and physical withdrawal problems. In short, it is not only dangerous to start taking psychiatric drugs, it can also be dangerous to stop them. Withdrawal from psychiatric drugs should only be done carefully under experienced clinical supervision.

Neroleptics can cause breathing problemes?

H

Hail

Both quetiapine and olanzapine caused me breathing problems, like my lungs dont have strength to take enough air.
Anyone experienced this from antipsihotic or neuroleptic?
Thanks

Skynet

Skynet

I've been on olanzapine for several years and never, ever experienced this symptom. You sure there isn't another explanation?

Passionflower

Passionflower

I used to have breathing difficulties at night when I took Quetiapine

vanish

vanish

Forum Safety Team
I have breathing problems like apnea as well as being breathless during the day. I’ve never thought they were related to medication.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
When I was on quetiapine I thought it was panic attacks I was having during the night and I couldn’t breathe .I also never thought it could be the medication

H

Hail

Yep, it's the medication also. Maybe another problems as well. Because I noticed right after taking the drug I could not breath well. It was worse on quetiapine comparing to olanzapine.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Psychiatric Drugs/Medications 2