neighbours driving me mad

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
throwing things into the garden ,throwing stones at our window and knocking the door and running off ,have got another 5 weeks of this don't think im going to survive x

blueflames

blueflames

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Buy them sweets?? then ask then not to do that and you will buy them sweets again. Tell them that your Mum is not well and it upsets them, whiloe you are giving them the sweets xxx

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Forum Guide
Buy them sweets?? then ask then not to do that and you will buy them sweets again. Tell them that your Mum is not well and it upsets them, whiloe you are giving them the sweets xxx
thanks x we have asked them nicely not to do it because mum is ill ,we haven't tried with sweets though
mum says we should just ignore them but that's easier said than done xxxx

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Is it kids that are doing this, Lu?
Are their parents aware of the situation with your family?
I wonder if perhaps somebody spoke to the parents about their behaviour, they might have a firm word with their kids about it.
Bless your Mum for being kind and saying that you should just ignore it.. but if I were in your position i'd be pretty agitated by it all. x

Mayfair

Mayfair

thanks x have thought about doing this and cctv but I don't want things to get nasty x
-

throwing things into the garden ,throwing stones at our window and knocking the door and running off ,have got another 5 weeks of this don't think im going to survive x
Do you mean children?, or adults? - I'll assume children as bf mentions sweets.

Are your neighbours (the adults) aggressive type people? (if you know what I mean)

For example: If you were doing these things to them, how do you think they would react? (this will give us a better picture)
-

If the people are aggressive type people, then get the camera, and get footage. You can then decide from there.

If not, then perhaps write a short letter, or note and pass it to the parents, saying what they are doing AND that it is upsetting you, they might not be aware of it*.

*I'm not being naive here, they might not only know this happens, but EVEN see them do it - and laugh! (but and importantly, not know who badly/negatively this is affecting you)

- even good parents can have seriously 'rose' tinted glasses, and not see the obvious (that it is not nice for you the recipient!), by thinking that they are just kids being kids.

Mayfair

Mayfair

On re-reading the thread, I realise that I didn't spot this bit...

thanks x we have asked them nicely not to do it because mum is ill ,we haven't tried with sweets though
mum says we should just ignore them but that's easier said than done xxxx
So scrap my post, apart from the bit about recording it. If you've told the adults about this in a nice way, and said about your Mum, then they are most likely tosspots.

You don't have to do anything else yet with any footage you get. Perhaps upload it to youtube, and show us the link, and one of us can anonymously report it, in passing ;), as a youtube watcher :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Depression Forum 4