Neighbors made me vulnerable and insecure

P

pkboy

TL;DR: Can't tolerate neighbor around and now they are leaving home yet worried because they will still be around me, their presence depress me, give me headache etc and I am unable to focus my work as I work from my home.

Hi

This is my first ever post on this forum. Infact first ever post about issue that's exposing one of the dark sides of my personality.

The place I live divided into two portions; front to other neighbor and his family and back belongs to me. There were good terms with them. There was a corner place where they used to dump garbage. It used to hurt everyone but since terms were good so I never felt it. One day due to some reason I don't remember or I said to the guy that garbage they dump makes thing messy, there were harsh exchange of words. I used to work for a company so I did not feel it much. One day the lady cleaner came to our door but our bell wasnt working. They did not inform us but instead insulted her and sent her back. We came to know later. From the day I created kind of hatred or something for them. The things that made me so uncomfortable which was not much before that is garbage. We complained so many times to home owners, tried to tell them that clean house is good for everyone. The guy has 6 daughters whih range from 1 year to 11 years. Their noise, the loud and screaming of his wife then dirty water and garbage made me so cynical that I even did not want to hear their voices let alone seeing their faces. Their kids started irritating me. Later on I even tried to take step and resume talk with husband which went good.

Actually it is his wife and kids which made me vulnerable. Later I came to know that they had been asked to leave home. They are finally leaving and I thought that I would not see them, hear them again nad and would be feeling good but guess what, they are just shifting just a few homes back in same lane. Their kids play one of our owner's kid and make so much noise.

I know the problem is in me. I can't tolerate them around. My wife said that even if you change home just for this they come around me later. I don't want to surrender on this situation. I want to fight and fix myself. Kindly guide.

M

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
:welcome: to the forum.

Hopefully them leaving will make things a little easier for you

P

pkboy

:welcome: to the forum.

Hopefully them leaving will make things a little easier for you
Issue is, they will be still around me, going to shift Just 4 days before mine.

I know that this is not the issue with them but with me that how one bad habit of them made me like that...

M

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Ok, I'm having a little trouble understanding your situation.

When you talk about shifting 4 days before yours, what do you mean?