• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Neighbor problems

M

Malfoy 13

I don't know this is the right place or what but I'm looking for advice. I'm 34 I'm friends with my neighbor he is a single dad to a 10 year old girl. She's only in the 3 Grade/ year 3. Last summer her dad asked me and my mum to baby sit. It didn't bother me at first and now she has gone dark with the stores she comes up with. Death and suicide r her main topics. I've told her father he doesn't seam to care. She doesn't need a sitter any more her aunt moved in but Now she wants to come over every day and my depression can't take it. Her dad told me she has started telling lies and taking money from her mum. She did it to me once to. I dont trust her need more. I can't stop playing with her because her dad take me to the market when I need it. I get the feeling if a stop playing with her. He stops giving me rides. And it bothers me that a 10 year old wants to play hang out all the time. She has no sympathy for others. I've tried telling her aunt and father they don't seam to care. I've put down a new rule she can only come over once a week but they send her over any way. Most of the time they don't even ask she just shows up what should I do?

Confusedandanxious

Confusedandanxious

You're going to have to be firm with your boundaries. If the kid shows up on days you havent agreed to then you simply turn her away with "I'm sorry. I'm busy today"
Youre the parent of the childs friend, not so much hers and most definitely not her on call babysitter.

I as a parent wouldnt be comfortable with the idea of my 10 year old wanting to hang out with one of my adult friends all of the time. I dont understand the dads perspective here, he obviously cant be bothered and also doesnt take you into consideration.
I wouldnt/couldnt allow my child to keep pestering a friend of mine, no matter how close they/we were.

He cant stop taking you shopping because you refuse to be a second parent. I mean, he could, but if he did then youd be better off facing the struggle of finding another way to do it than to be held to them with an invisible contract.

M

Malfoy 13

I think they are sending her over here so they can drunk

Confusedandanxious

Confusedandanxious

I think they are sending her over here so they can drunk
That is so sad. Keep in mind that she is not your responsibility, and be firm with your boundaries.
If you have concerns about her welfare dont hesitate to call children services either.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L People 3
PsychoBumby93 People 7