• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Negotiating with voices.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I can't figure out why on Earth my negotiations with my voice always fail.

I'm trying to be as generous as I can possibly be and he knows I'm sincere about what I'm offering him.

It'll be four years on the 14th of September that I've been ignoring him and excluding him from my life, not a word in all that time yet he still waffles on about how unfair life is for him and is constantly begging me to talk to him.

Now I've never asked him to be silent all the time, maybe for 2-3 hours per day so I can get a little rest from him and when I'm doing things that I need to concentrate and focus for or when I'm trying to get to sleep at night but I don't believe I'm asking too much of him.

In exchange for his silence I'm offering him a very generous package, first I'm offering to talk to him once again which for a lot of people this alone seems to work, they ask their voice to be quiet while they do something then after they make time to talk to their voice, but as an added bonus I'm offering him £10 per week so he can decide what to buy for himself (food, PC/PS4 games etc...) and time with the body (long story) to enjoy the things he buys, a minimum of 30 minutes each day but if I'm not doing a lot it may go up to as much as 2 hours perhaps more if he's engrossed in a game and I'm happy to leave him to it.

So over the past four years he's turned down a lot of me talking to him, £2,080 and a minimum of 780 hours of time using the body.

And here I am wondering why he's refusing my deal, so my question is to you dear reader what would it take for your voice(s) to be a little more cooperative with your wishes? Have you offered them a deal and what do your voices make of my deal?

I'd be happy to explain the body sharing ability that I can do with my voice if that helps but as I said that's a long story but I believe it's one of my most valuable tools of negotiation at my disposal.

My only thought about my voice is that he's simply insane, I bet many peoples voices would love to swap places with mine and accept my deal.

EdEd

EdEd

I'm incredibly stern with my voices and vocal about my desires and wishes.. I do know your point of view , with your voices as you've described it to me before.. I dont generally make deals to often.. but rather just tell them what I do and dont approve of.. it seems like you're being incredibly considerate of your voices wants and desires.. and it surprises me because you have went years ignoring him.. but I do see this point of view.. trying to be generous , and have a better relationship with your voice..or voices..

EdEd

EdEd

I'm rather rude.. and lately they probably dont deserve it lately.. aside from last night. They haven't been too bothersome...

S

sallimae76

You are strong NWiddi. I admire you so much. Continue to fight the voice. Do what you have to do to retain some peace. The medication Paliperidone ER 6mg dose cured me of my voices. I take it every day still.

EdEd

EdEd

I'm curious what decision you'll make.. let me know please what you decide.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I'm curious what decision you'll make.. let me know please what you decide.
Well the decision is his really, it's up to him to decide whether to take my deal or not. So far in nearly four years he's refused because he wants to talk as much as he likes without restriction, but what is that worth if nobody talks to you and he's simply talking AT me instead of WITH me.

What he really wants is for me to come off medication but that's not an option, he knows point blank that I'll never do that as he simply can't be trusted. Our body sharing technique is voluntary on my part so I can stop him any time I like but without meds he has ways of stealing control and that's not even the worst of what he can do.

Continue to fight the voice.
Thanks for your kind words, I can continue to fight indefinitely, and win but it's tiring at times and I'd much rather have a peace treaty with him.

EdEd

EdEd

Well the decision is his really, it's up to him to decide whether to take my deal or not. So far in nearly four years he's refused because he wants to talk as much as he likes without restriction, but what is that worth if nobody talks to you and he's simply talking AT me instead of WITH me.

What he really wants is for me to come off medication but that's not an option, he knows point blank that I'll never do that as he simply can't be trusted. Our body sharing technique is voluntary on my part so I can stop him any time I like but without meds he has ways of stealing control and that's not even the worst of what he can do.

Thanks for your kind words, I can continue to fight indefinitely, and win but it's tiring at times and I'd much rather have a peace treaty with him.
I see what you're saying your beliefs grant you a lot of control over this voice.. but I can see that you want to feel at peace in your mind also.. it makes sense. A lot. I see your point of view.

S

sallimae76

Yes, negotiate if that will make him go away.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
My goal has never been to make him go away all the time and for him to never return, yes I was disappointed that he didn't fall silent when I started to use medication but I've heard (but can't verify) that in only 10% of cases do voices go away completely when you use medication.

After my initial disappointment I realised that this is something I'd have to learn to live with which I believe I've done for the most part but I miss my silence and would love to negotiate for a few hours a day so I can recharge my batteries.

Even though we don't get along he's like a brother to me, since I believe he was born at the same time as me to the same parents that would make him my twin brother, and he has the potential to be my greatest friend as he knows me better than anyone else in the world could possibly know me. But as with all friendships boundaries must be set and respected which is why I've been ignoring and excluding him from my life to show him he's overstepping my boundaries and I won't stand for it.

But instead of acting like my brother he's acting more like a spoiled child so I've put him on a timeout so to speak until he learns that trust and respect are in my opinion the most valuable commodities one can have in this world.

EdEd

EdEd

Voices should show trust and respect.. I agree.. nice way to handle the situation.

EdEd

EdEd

Screenshot_20200722-161455_Chrome_20200722161713371.jpg
On a side note doesnt that look cool as hell?