• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

negative symptoms

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

Im struggling with both negative and positive symptoms right now, i have no energy, dont have any interrest in the world, oh the suns shining is it, oh well, i really dont care, im on a AD at the moment which helps a little, should be greatful really could be worse, just wish i was free as a dolphin.

schiz01

schiz01

I know the feeling well

Lie down close your eyes relax and picture yourself as a dolphin swimming in the sea:)

I

IntrospectionFtw!

Yh the "negative" symptoms as they call them have always been my worst problem my psychosis responds well too very low doses of medication..ive gotten used to feeling chronically low now...if i come off the medication i feel happier so i think the problem is more due to the medication or possibly compounded by it..the first thing i couldnt get used too when i became ill was the feeling low all the time id search the internet trying to work out the best drug combination that was gonna make me feel "normal" again but i never did the best i found was a high dose of effexor which at high doses starts to work on your dopamine and aripiprazole which as well as being a antipsychotic works on serotonin and potentiates your Anti depressant and also raises your dopamine levels if there too low rather than just lowering them like most neuropletics do to stop the positive symptoms...what i really wanted to try was wellbutrin but its only prescribed for for smoking ceasation in england its a dopamine reuptake inhibitor like SSRI's but it works on your dopamine instead..and in my opinion i think antipsychotics destroy your dopamine system which is why you feel like shit all the time..i may get around this and take a drug called amisulpride which at low doses floods your brain with dopamine for some reason and thats a antipsychotic aswell but it may not treat the positive symptoms unless you raise the dose but then the drug works differently at higher doses so you may not get the anti depressant effect...