• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Negative symptoms.

Star-28

Star-28

the more ill I become the flatter I get. It is easy to tell with me because I am usually very bubbly and happy.

A

Affective

the more ill I become the flatter I get. It is easy to tell with me because I am usually very bubbly and happy.
Do you find when you are having a Schizophrenic-like Psychosis, that your mood swings from flat to angry/agitation?

Star-28

Star-28

Thats very often for me because I also have a mood disorder. I can swing through several moods in a few hours, but I am very easily agitated at the moment. I hope this Invega will knock that out.

A

Affective

Thats very often for me because I also have a mood disorder. I can swing through several moods in a few hours, but I am very easily agitated at the moment. I hope this Invega will knock that out.
We are very similar then :)

Is there anything you can do to help with your agitation?

Last edited:
V

Vincent

Does anyone know if some of the negative symptoms are based in anxiety,like voice tone and poverty of speech,i know when i have these symptoms i feel anxiety behind them,
Thanks.

A

Affective

Does anyone know if some of the negative symptoms are based in anxiety,like voice tone and poverty of speech,i know when i have these symptoms i feel anxiety behind them,
Thanks.
I am not sure, however I read somewhere that it could be do something with the chemicals in brain affecting certain parts of the brain. Not entirely sure though.

Star-28

Star-28

Affective, Risperdal helped tremendously with my agitation. That was about the only thing that did it. It is too early to tell with the Invega and Prestiq that I'm on now

D

dancer

negative symptoms - I am sleepy all the time, have very little motivation to go out of the house, find it hard to have every day conversations with people, don't seem to react with emotional normality, am quite nihilistic (excuse spelling), find relationships difficult, don't feel like much of an adult, find it hard to concentrate so difficult to read a book or watch a film...