Needle fear for blood test, doctors in Toronto who give laughing gas for it? :(

P

pretzelsbegood

Needle fear for blood test, doctors in Toronto who give laughing gas for it? :(

I am 19 and have a serious fear of needles. I have to get a blood test but for nineteen years I couldn't get over the fear. I tried everything like looking away, thinking something else, bringing someone, etc, it hasn't worked. I'm too stressed right now with other things to have more stress on me but I have to get a blood test. I got laughing gas at the dentist's once and it worked perfectly. I know they offer laughing gas for blood tests at some pediatric hospitals but for kids, and as a nineteen year old I don't think I'll be considered a child. But this is serious and I'm looking for doctors who do have laughing gas for blood tests. I know it's stupid but I really can't get over it. If some children have the ease of getting laughing gas for it why can't I, given that I've had this serious issue since I was a child? At one doctor's clinic I was insulted for this fear by the doctor and nurse, who laughed at the stupidity. At another one, he just didn't care.

I'm not looking for 'just look away', I'm looking for a real place that does give laughing gas for blood tests in Toronto or anywhere in the GTA, like Markham, Scarborough, Mississauga, Brampton, etcetra. This is serious and while I know I should overcome it myself, I know that laughing gas is given by some doctors to those with needle fear. So can someone please help me out with this? I have called some clinics and they don't even have it. I don't know how to find them. I know there must be someone but where? Thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
cmjanuc Phobia Forum 6
mischief Phobia Forum 4
D Phobia Forum 1
J Phobia Forum 10
Bizzarebitrary Phobia Forum 0