Needing advice. Social anxiety “rut”

E

E98CNW

In the past 3 months, I’ve lost my father, been in court twice over his belongings (his family is trying to take them from me) and had my second child. I am 19 years old. I’ve always had severe depression/anxiety, but now i’m finding i cannot leave my house. And when i do leave my house, i can’t bear to actually go in anywhere that there might be people. I’ll drive past the store 7 times crying and wishing i could just go get my groceries, but i never can make myself stop and go in. When i was pregnant this second time, i went off of my medication so it wouldn’t harm the baby. I fully intended on going back on my meds after his birth, but need to see my doctor to do so. I cannot make myself go there. It’s the same deal as any other place, i’ll drive by and can’t stop, or i’ll sit in the parking lot and have multiple panic attacks just thinking about going in. I feel like i’m in a social anxiety “rut” per say that i just cannot get out of, and i believe the only way to get out of it is to see my doctor. Any tips on how i can break this cycle?? I’ve got 2 kids and a fiancé, i really WANT to get better not only for myself, but for them. I’m miserable here

F

Forevertrying

I'm sorry for your loss its understand why it's made you feel like this.
Doctor : Phone and explain your situation. My Dr will give me the first appointment of the day so I don't have to wait I just turn up at appointment time.

Shopping : online shopping..

Cbt also may help. Aswell as bereavement counselling.

Do get in with them as soon as you can you have two little kids that you deserve to be able to enjoy and spend time with them and take them places.

Your not alone.

mlj6019

mlj6019

I’m very sorry you are experiencing that anxiety/fear rut. I know how scary that can be. I’m glad you are here and have shared and reached out. The fact that you WANT to get better says a lot. That’s a good place to start. My sincerest sympathies regarding the loss of your father and congrats on your new baby and finance.

I can testify that the “need” of your meds has to be a stronger desire followed by action, rather than your fear/anxiety and non-action. It’s basically a bondage, a stronghold over your life. It’s like living in chains. For you, is the fear in the first step, or what’s inside the place you want to go in? The chains, however, can be broken and you can be set free of the bondage. I like @Forevertrying’s suggestion of phoning your doctor and getting the first appointment of the day, after explaining the situation. Also, do they possibly have another door you could enter rather than the front door? That might be an option if so.

On the groceries after online shopping, Kroger and Walmart both have pick up outside the store now (at least some do). Do you feel that would be a safer option for now? I truly hope you are able to get your meds asap and find some balance. You deserve it and you’re worth it.