• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Needing a lady's perspective: Fear of acting out particular thoughts

R

RainAndSunshine

Hi all, I'm new here and struggling with OCD...I could use another person's (more so a woman's perspective) since this intrusive thought is related to fear of getting toxic shock syndrome from tampons or any small objects in our...**lady area down there** i ask to be as open-minded as possible...
So I think I became paranoid after reading about rare cases of toxic shock syndrome...I switched from tampons to using pads instead. Then, my mind became obsessed with thoughts of small objects in the "lady area down there"... if there are any small objects lying around (for example, in this situation, they're objects like jewelry rings), my OCD mind kept wanting to check many times to make sure the jewelry rings were in the boxes where I can see them. I can NO longer check on them since my boyfriend took them to help me stop checking and I remember he reassured me that the rings are in their boxes that they're supposed to be in (on the day he hid them somewhere else). I even remember having him reassure me multiple times at that moment that the rings were in the box, and he did reassure me they're in the box. I even wrote all of that down so I can remember there is nothing to worry about...I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders for several days then my OCD mind keeps telling me to think about it again and I continue to mentally remind myself that my boyfriend already confirmed the rings are in their own boxes that they're supposed to be in. I won't ask him anymore as I feel bad and I'm sure he does not want to keep telling me again, and plus, they're actually HIS (meant to be for a special occasion **engagement** but I accidentally found them and told him I found them)... I just want another woman's opinion, scientifically speaking....as it's been 1 month since the last time I've actually saw the rings in person, and IF I were to have "acted out" on my unwanted thought for some reason and they were placed in the "lady area down there", I would have some concerning signs/symptoms by now and I would have totally FELT it at that the time right?? (which I never felt any discomfort or anything different)
So far, after 1 month, I've been ruminating over it and noticed I still feel fine so far, NO signs/symptoms, and I don't feel anything different.
Any rational reassurance from a woman's perspective would be helpful.
Thank you so much...

P

Purpleplum

You don't have TSS. Try not to worry about those things.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I agree with Midnight, if something was there you would be able to tell. If these thoughts persist you might mention them to your gp. There are therapies and medications that can help with obsessive thinking like this. If it becomes too much of a burden in your daily life it might be worth looking into. xo, j

R

RainAndSunshine

I agree with Midnight, if something was there you would be able to tell. If these thoughts persist you might mention them to your gp. There are therapies and medications that can help with obsessive thinking like this. If it becomes too much of a burden in your daily life it might be worth looking into. xo, j
Thank you so much! it's so helpful hearing from yourself and others :)