• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Need to Vent

A

AshiD

I'll be 26 in just a few months...having my second baby in less than a month and I've been living with my parents for 4 years... december of 2015 I lost the best job I'd ever had...and all my savings were gone with in months in bills and daycare costs...I had been planning to move out by summer of last year now it looks more and more like it's going to be there at LEAST another two... I feel like a failure...every time I get to a point where I'm close to moving out something happens and it all goes down the drain...
I have the option to move if I need to but I know it will cause issues on both ends...with how much I've been butting heads with my parents I'm almost willing to risk it.. If it were just me I would have done it already but my kids are the reason I'm hesitating...I've been living with my parents since I found out i was pregnant with my oldest and I'm afraid of not being able to do it without their help...
when ever I make a plan to move out and let my parents know the plan they laugh at me and tell me I wont be moving out...I'm at my wits end and I want out... I want a chance to care for my kids without their help but everything I do never feels like enough and I end up taking three steps back...

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment.
You definitely aren't a failure though, in spite of how you feel sometimes.

It's really difficult for younger adults.
All the things that came so easily to our parents are getting harder to achieve. It's very common for people to be living with their parents into their adulthood. :unsure:

I'm a little bit confused... you said you can move out if you need to but you also said it's looking like it would be two more years of living with your parents.
Do you have the option to move somewhere sooner?

Also it's not really any of my business but are you single? I'm only thinking that it will definitely be difficult on your own, but not impossible. It's certainly achievable.

I don't have kids but I know a lot of mothers who feel they aren't "good enough".
Even my own Mum says it and I can't reassure her enough that she is.
It seems like a fear that women have but i'm sure you do a fantastic job.

A

AshiD

I have somewhere to go should I decide i cant stay with my parents, but that would require me to move out with no money and to rely on my second childs father. But, as I said, it would cause problems. If I stick it out and save money, it will take me 2 years or more to have enough saved to move out on my own and I would need to be making at least $3000/mo to be able to afford to live on my own.