• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Need to share some things

L

Lumpfish42

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I just wanted to share how I've been feeling as I don't feel ready to talk to anyone close to me yet, but I think it's gotten to the point where I have to tell someone even if its just virtually.

I've been feeling very low for the past few months, and the last few weeks it has got even worse. I have felt low before but have eventually been able to reach a stable place, but this time it feels different. I'm having constant intrusive thoughts about suicide, about feeling like a terrible person and for the first time I've started regularly self harming.

I just want to tell someone, because I feel incapable of telling anyone close to me, especially since I'm living away from home with people I've known only for a few months. I just feel very alone in this and it would be nice to hear from people who know what this is like.

Wishbone

Wishbone

Hi Lumpfish, welcome.

The idea of talking about your problems is really difficult to accept, but once you've done it you should feel the weight lifted. This doesn't mean depression will disappear, but the weight of keeping things hidden, keeping secrets, pretending you are okay. You could try speaking to friends or family or a doctor. Nobody will send you off with men in White coats, they will only listen to what you have to say and hopefully help.

They (docs) will ask about why you think you're feeling this way; have there been any things happen in your life that may have started all of this, etc. You could start by telling us these things if you like? There are loads of us that have been through similar, so relax and get some things off your chest. It may help to finally unburden yourself, even if it is just virtually for now.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Welcome to the forums, lumpfish. Our Self Harm forum might be a good place to start. Here’s a link:

I’m so sorry that you have been feeling so down lately. I’m glad you found us here. Hopefully you will be able to connect with people who experience similar problems and we can offer you some support. I hope you enjoy your time here. xo, j

ketuntassut

ketuntassut

Well, you've come to the right place. Thank you for sharing your pain with us. You really aren't alone with this. I've had countless struggles with mental health, i'm having a crisis right now actually. I know how you feel. It can feel impossible to see light when all you've been seeing is darkness. For me, it's been scary to feel hope. Hope can be scary. But, just because you can't see better times, doesn't mean there isn't going to be. And, it's okay to not be okay. I'm so proud of you for reaching out. Keep reaching out. Don't listen to that voice in your head. You're strong. It's not your time yet. Suicide is a permanent desicion to a temporary problem. Let me repeat that, it's not your time yet. Keep going, just out of spite. I love you.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time with these intrusive thoughts, are you on any medication for depression or anything else?

It may help to have a look at these two pages on the forum: Suicidal Crisis and Mental Health Forum - Getting Help about what to do if you're feeling suicidal, or if you need emergency help. I hope you can use the forum for support during this difficult time.

If you’re thinking about suicide and are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (i.e. in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111) or call the international emergency number of 112.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can call one of the following helplines:

In the UK and Ireland, the Samaritans can be contacted on 116 123.
In the US, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, the crisis support service Lifeline is on 13 11 14.
In New Zealand, the Need to Talk service is on 1737 or 080017371737.
Other international helplines can be found at www.befrienders.org.

For Iceland you can contact the Red Cross Helpline.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum and I just wanted to share how I've been feeling as I don't feel ready to talk to anyone close to me yet, but I think it's gotten to the point where I have to tell someone even if its just virtually.

I've been feeling very low for the past few months, and the last few weeks it has got even worse. I have felt low before but have eventually been able to reach a stable place, but this time it feels different. I'm having constant intrusive thoughts about suicide, about feeling like a terrible person and for the first time I've started regularly self harming.

I just want to tell someone, because I feel incapable of telling anyone close to me, especially since I'm living away from home with people I've known only for a few months. I just feel very alone in this and it would be nice to hear from people who know what this is like.
Hi there, welcome to the Forum. Thank you for sharing, and you have done the right thing in reaching out. It doesn't do, to suffer in silence. Please keep posting and sharing and don't be afraid to speak to your Doctor, they are there to help you, and it's important they know if you are struggling :hug: