• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Need to Rant

S

Seiyena

I realize that this may the wrong forum for this, but I don't know where else to put this. Please excuse any strong language that may be in this post; I'm just really upset and depressed about this.

The forum I'm talking about here will remain anonymous because I don't think it's right to publicly identify them. I'm sure they're a great help and comfort to many people, it's just what happened to me there that I'm really upset about.

I had joined this other forum five days ago and had slowly been opening up to them and trying to be supportive to other people. Last night I thought it would a good time for me to share what I'm going through and why I had come to that forum. It had to do with the sexual abuse of one of my nieces and my feelings about it. I didn't know if that sort of thing was allowed, but I figured that since my posts were pre-screened prior to being displayed, the staff would simply delete this post if they found it inappropriate.

Apparently it was inappropriate, because they not only didn't approve it, but also permabanned me for it. I was so shocked when I saw that. And upset too as I had been making a few friends there and had tried to be helpful and supportive. This one issue has been weighing heavily on me for awhile and I was hoping to finally find some relief by sharing what happened and my feelings about it.

So, with all that said, I'm just really depressed right now. Am I just a loser who doesn't deserve any comfort or love? Am I really as ugly and disgusting as I think I am? Maybe I did the wrong thing by even bringing that topic up; I don't know. I'd rather not share it here because I don't want to be permabanned again. I'm just...lost, I guess.

Mods, if this is inappropriate, can you PLEASE tell me so I know not to do it again? And not just ban me without a warning or explanation? Thank you.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
that sounds well harsh. even if it was an unsuitable topic, it is not like you were spamming or something. you think any decent moderation would just tell you it not an appropriate topic for the site and let you carry on posting on other things.

Gajolene

Gajolene

I've been to some horrible forums in the past and at times when I was very ill as well. Upset me horribly, and made my condition much worse at the time. I came here and never looked back or went back to the other forums again. Sorry you had to go through this, I hope you feel safer posting here.

TiredTina

TiredTina

Admin
Obviously I cant comment on what happened on another forum but I can assure you that here at mhf we would never permanently ban someone unless in exceptional circumstances such as trolling. We may edit or delete a post if you wrote something inappropriate which breached forum rules but, even if we do that, you always have the option to discuss the moderation with a staff member via pm.

TT

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Am I just a loser who doesn't deserve any comfort or love? Am I really as ugly and disgusting as I think I am...
No, no, no and no. :hug1:

I'm surprised you got a permanent ban rather than a warning. It must be very upsetting for you, especially if you've spent such a long time posting and being a part of that online community.

Please try not to let this thing (which in my opinion, is extremely unfair) start off a negative downward spiral. Because you're not a loser, you do deserve comfort and love and you're not ugly or disgusting.
This event seems to have triggered off this way of thinking. Try and take a step back and identify that these beliefs you have about yourself are unnecessary and untrue.

S

Seiyena

Thank you all for your replies, they've helped me not be so hard on myself I've that. I wasn't able to reply until now because the text bow wouldn't show up when I clicked Reply to topic. But it's back now and I'm glad for that.

On an unrelated note, today's been a rough day for me, for no reason that I can see. I feel like I can't do anything right, no matter how hard I try. Somehow something always goes wrong when I do it. I just am not in a good place right now.

(But don't worry, I'm not feeling suicidal. At least not yet.)