• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Need to get out of here

L

lizyorange

I thought I'd use my pay to cost my private therapy since I'm still living with my parents and don't have to pay rent but nah. I realised living with my family won't help and probably therapy will be just a waste of money. I need to get out of here and find a place, I don't care if it's just a bed and bathroom but I need SPACE to put my thoughts together without dealing with all the stigma and b***t. It would be a huge step for someone who is afraid of speaking on the phone but since dying is my last I'm willing to try this one, if things don't work out ( it's not like they are ).... Family can be so toxic for some and a cure for others..

Lincoln1990

Lincoln1990

I'm in the same boat. I need to move out for safety reasons. I need to save the money and should be able to move out next month. I'm scared because last time it turned badly. But I can't live at home forever

nonotme

nonotme

.... Family can be so toxic for some and a cure for others..
I can only agree to this but thee are many reason to it, how we choose to fit in as well. sorry I don't know your personal details but was speaking from my own point of view there.

i think i would seek out that therapy you talk of, it can be a real benefit and boost, you might be able to see things in a different perspective to what you have now.

good luck.

Me.

L

lizyorange

It's hard to start therapy when you know that your family is a big part of the issue. I'm not the one saying this but all therapists I had to visit the last 3 years. I can't fit in a family that believes it's ok for me to not follow their religion and strict cultural beliefs just because I'm crazy. I heard my parents telling relatives to not listen to me or pay attention everytime I got angry for no reason and started crying cause I'm just crazy.After taking them with me to therapy for a couple of times they just reassured that their statement is true.

nonotme

nonotme

It's hard to start therapy when you know that your family is a big part of the issue. I'm not the one saying this but all therapists I had to visit the last 3 years. I can't fit in a family that believes it's ok for me to not follow their religion and strict cultural beliefs just because I'm crazy. I heard my parents telling relatives to not listen to me or pay attention everytime I got angry for no reason and started crying cause I'm just crazy.After taking them with me to therapy for a couple of times they just reassured that their statement is true.
hey, I am sorry about this but i guess many people think others, esp family members should follow their religion.

You need to work out for yourself what it is you need most, your family or yourself? many of us have had to make that choice and its not easy, but families can drag you down.

can I ask your age? could you move out and maybe flat share? is that an option? you might be able to see things for all sides once you have your own space/freedom to choose.

sorry if I am talking rubbish here.

L

lizyorange

No need to apologize, I appreciate the interest :) . I'm now 21. I could make an effort and be out of home in 3-4 months but I doubt it knowing how the ups and downs affect my goals...