Need to get away from the government

G

Glowinglitterbug

Hi my name is Hayley and I am new to this forum but not to mental health. I started getting locked in psych wards in 2012 and at the moment I am very angry with the whole mental health system. I just got out of an 8 month stay at the Austin where I was so badly confined and treated by staff and patients it was pure hell and 2 years ago I was locked in St Vincent's for 7 1/2 months and given ect 18 times to the point I forgot my name.

I now live in fear of being locked up in psych wards because of their treatment and confinement. I seriously can't afford to go to one more. I was brought up in a wealthy family with no problems. I know for a fact I do not have a mental illness and the government are after me big time. They plot and plan these admissions and when I get in there all they do is stare, take my freedom and my personal space and force you to take their medications. It is the worst thing I have ever been through in my life.

So I am on a CTO and I'd like to know how to get off it so they won't be able to lock me up anymore. Also I need to get off the depot. I've been on that for years now and it hurts and harms me. Also any tips on dealing with the government. I've been thinking of moving states to get off the CTO and the depot but that seems so extreme. I don't know any advice would be welcome from people who are stalked by the government. Thank you.

G

Glowinglitterbug

I forgot to say that I have been homeless for the last 5 years and they are stopping me from getting accommodation. They want me rotting in the streets.

Kerome

Kerome

Hi Hayley, sorry that you've been going through all that! You must feel pretty terrible to have spent all that time in psych wards... what were you diagnosed with? Can you tell us a little about your symptoms?

I'm guessing you're in the United States, so I can't say very much, I'm in continental Europe and it's quite different from what I hear. People here are basically very reluctant to lock others up, you have to threaten suicide for a while and then they will do something.

S

Shanester72

Hello Haley I sympathise with your situation. I know the feeling of being locked up. I spent most of my life in and out of jails and institutions. I suffer from a variety of mental illnesses but did not know it at the time. I totally understand your mistrust of the government a lot of their systems are flawed especially when it comes to mental illness. Fortunately we are starting to have a voice and people are trying to understand mental illness more. I really feel for you and wish you the best.

S

Snowyrabbit

hello glowing litterbug .. i read this and i was in shock .. hugs to you .. i am confused by what you say .. you say you do not have mental health problems yet you are confined and given treatment ? i do not understand this .. can you explain a little more ... i'm not understanding if you have no mental health problems why are they doing this .. you sound very anxious and distressed over this and it sounds truly horrifying .. my hugs to you ,