• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Need suggestions!

A

Amaka

Hi All!

I am new to this forum and need some tips and tricks to handle anxiety. I have been married for 10 months with a very supportive partner. It’s a love marriage from 8 years of relationship. However, I feel there’s a mismatch of expectations when I actually started living at his place- he is more grounded, people pleasing, disciplined and a simple person while I am more passionate, opinionated and seeking ‘justice for everything’ kind of person. With his people pleasing attitude, I sometimes feel neglected as he is not able to stand for me the way I expect. He realises later when I bring it to his notice but it feels asked/demanded and it bothers me that it didn’t come naturally to him. All of this has elevated my anxiety to a level that I am not able to sleep properly and get vivid dreams.

h24

h24

Hi and Welcome,

I am in no way of giving relationship advice but I am a self acclaimed pro when it comes to anxiety. It is hard to deal with another human being when you have anxiety. One thing I learned is that you have to always have a healthy line of communication with whomever you are having problems with. Secondly, working with yourself is also helpful. Trying to figure out why do you feel these, what thoughts cause these anxieties etc might help you understand it better. Seeing a professional can help you figure these out. Meditation, stretching and breathing exercises are also helpful for sleep.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
L I am in need of. Something? No it sure what Anxiety Forum 8
Fairy Lucretia need advise please x Anxiety Forum 6
M extreme fear of being judged - need help Anxiety Forum 1
B Need guidance Anxiety Forum 12
H Having irrational fear of not finding a restroom when I need to pee. Anxiety Forum 8
B I need help Anxiety Forum 2
S Need to talk scared about medical tests Anxiety Forum 7
K Just need to vent Anxiety Forum 3
J Anxiety possibly affecting sex drive. I need help. Anxiety Forum 4
L My partner is dealing with depression and doesn't need me in her life anymore. Anxiety Forum 1
S I really need help with my anxiety Anxiety Forum 7
M I need help. Anxiety Forum 8
Huckleberry I need a mentor to quit using tobacco. I forgot my lozenges at home and now I’m at work with no relief for my anxiety Anxiety Forum 12
L Need Help/Advice. Hopeless Anxiety Forum 2
S Please help, I need advice Anxiety Forum 2
D Feeling bad that others need to deal with me Anxiety Forum 4
I I need some advice Anxiety Forum 2
L I really need help Anxiety Forum 10
dedsh0t i need help with something.. Anxiety Forum 2
H Need an advice on a medical treatment Anxiety Forum 2
B Hello I’m new and just need some guidance panic attacks worry scared pls help me Anxiety Forum 1
M I need help Anxiety Forum 4
S I need help with medicine Anxiety Forum 4
S I need help with anxiety Anxiety Forum 3
S Anxiety- body itching. I need advice Anxiety Forum 4
B I need help communicating with my ill brother Anxiety Forum 3
C Need help, overanalyzing... Anxiety Forum 3
Carol1952 think I am going outside i need to Anxiety Forum 17
J Need help deciding something and it kills me that I have to ask Anxiety Forum 5
P First Post - Need help - Realized I may have severe OCD Anxiety Forum 1
C Need advice Anxiety Forum 4
S Having a bad day today-need to talk to someone Anxiety Forum 16
M My story of anxiety, need advice Anxiety Forum 7
Carol1952 This tornado coming is making me sick i need someone to talk to Anxiety Forum 14
I I need to know i’m not alone Anxiety Forum 1
I Need to know i ain’t the only one feeling like this... Anxiety Forum 6
magpie3318 Need Advice Anxiety Forum 2
A Need advice scared Anxiety Forum 6
S I need help Anxiety Forum 6
MoonChild84 New puppy - need to be honest about how hard this is Anxiety Forum 4
H Anxiety, insomnia, grief - need some advise Anxiety Forum 3
S Telling my parents I need help Anxiety Forum 13
Mr Oreo Bunny I'm a tiny bit scared and i just need some happy thoughts from people Anxiety Forum 4
Carol1952 Even though I suffer with anxieties if u need to talk I am here for you Anxiety Forum 21
D Really anxious I just need to vent I think Anxiety Forum 7
Q Struggling: need advice... Anxiety Forum 7
K I need answers :( Anxiety Forum 8
L Need advice/opinions on my situation Anxiety Forum 1
A Need advice Anxiety Forum 3
H Need help please Anxiety Forum 3