• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Need somewhere to offload thoughts

B

brookfield18

Hi, I've never done this before but I was desperate for somewhere to put down how I'm feeling since I don't have anyone to talk to about things.

I've been sufferring with anxiety and depression for about 6 years now. Plucked up the courage recently to go back to doctors and I'm back on a couple of medications for now and waiting for a place for some cbt.

Some days are better than others but they are getting fewer and fewer and because of where I work I keep getting these thoughts of how easy it would be to get my hands on a crap load of tablets and just be done with it.
I don't have anyone to talk to about this stuff since I've isolated myself from absolutely everyone. I guess I'd just like to hear how others are coping

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hey and :welcome: to the forum.

You sound a lot like me, you really do.

Have you been told of how long it will take till you get cbt or is it a case of wait and see?

Well done for going to the Doctors, that must of been so hard for you to pluck up the courage.

It's hard at times it really is. Sometimes it's a waiting game but there is a light there somewhere, ready to shine for you.

I think it's best you take a look round the forum as well as of course chatting here.

Marliee x

B

brookfield18

Thanks MarlieeBee that's really nice.

Just a case of wait and see. To be honest I'm not into the idea much but have gotten so desperate recently that I'll give it a go if there's a chance it will help. That's if I can actually make myself go when it come to it of course.

Bri

A

Azalea

Hey
I can't really offer any advice as I'm struggling myself fairly badly at the moment but I just wanted to say welcome and I hope your ok xx
I don't post much but I do read a lot and there's some useful stuff here, take a look round. The people are lovely too!

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
It's taken me over a year to even go through the assessments I've been having. Desperate times lead to desperate measures as such.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum.
I hope that the CBT referral process happens quickly and you've not got too long to wait.
How long have you been on the meds? I'm sure you know that they can take a while to work.
Try and hang in there - better days are ahead, though I know how hard it can be. x

B

brookfield18

Have only been back on them for a few months, different meds to what I've had in the past and I hate the initial weeks getting used to them

Bri

B

brookfield18

I hate the weekend. Have finally managed to drag myself out of bed. It's a friend's birthday day out today and I've isolated myself from everyone so much that they just aren't interested anymore. Not being there today will make them even more distant. Feeling really restless now inside the house feeling like I could tear my hair out but thinking about getting myself ready and going out just makes me anxious and panicky

krista

krista

maybe it won't be that bad being out? they are your friends... sometimes it helps to get out of your own head, even if it's scary.
but don't push yourself too much...

take care.