• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Need Someone to Talk To....

A

azlan

I am a male, 28 years old. I am fighting depression since September 2020 and now as my shrink told me it's severe. I have a good job but constant stress and mistakes done on the job are making things worse. I often take sick days and I can't handle smallest inconveniences now. The only reason my employer has me is because I had worked a lot in the past and they think I am a good employee. The future seems to be dark there is nothing out there for me. Need advice from any of you who has been there before. I can't talk to anybody as the society where I live in still thinks that depression can be snapped off.

Also, I apologize for my punctuation I am not a native English speaker.

jajingna

jajingna

Welcome to the forum. A lot of people here can relate to what you're saying. Depression is a common illness, unfortunately.

Sometimes I imagine a lot more people than we know, are just plodding along in silence with their issues, and they can be co-workers or even family that you live with, and you don't know the burdens they feel because we all seem to hate talking about them. It's like a silent epidemic (pandemic really, of course it is all over the world).

A

azlan

I want to heal myself, I really do but I can't find the strength to move out. It isn't easy seeing your whole future go down a slope and you cannot do anything about it.

C

Confused one

If you truly want to heal yourself than there’s only one way. It’s YOU! Now grant it that it’s always easier said than done. But we all have the power to change course. Yes I know it sounds simple, but it ain’t. Depression can ruin your life, trust me I know! But ask yourself one thing.. are you worth fighting for??!

A

azlan

I am worth fighting for. I have done mistakes and I have to get up and make it straight.

E

EclipticNight

The key to stress is having a passion and perusing it. For me its astronomy. Im a computer geek but when im not doing that i enjoy looking up.

Theres no real key to depression, its unique and life long. Finding ways to cope takes time but you will find them. Games work for me.

A

azlan

I was learning Blockchain myself but, often when I am under depression I cannot concentrate on that. Still trying to figure out how can I live with it, medication is helping but I don't want to rely only on those.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Catty5 Alone....need someone to talk. Depression Forum 18
R I need someone to talk to if possible. Depression Forum 18
E I just need someone to speak to... I’m really struggling and can’t talk to anyone else Depression Forum 15
M New here, need to talk to someone Depression Forum 9
Y Reaching out to someone in need Depression Forum 3
L NEED HELP SOMEONE PLEASE Depression Forum 8
O Need some Help hopefully a Doctor that knows better then most Depression Forum 1
Blooming Do you need a plan your day thread? Depression Forum 2
S In my 70s and Lovesick - Need help Depression Forum 3
anodyne Feeling like I need to change completely Depression Forum 3
W Need to support son with depression Depression Forum 5
I Need to moan Depression Forum 5
S Need some advice about a man with depression (I am depressed too) Depression Forum 12
KaoticKiss I need help with life!!! Depression Forum 55
J Barely have any friends, need advice from others. Depression Forum 2
A I need help!! Depression Forum 27
W I need your opinion / advices, i'm lost with this "friendship".. Depression Forum 25
F Need opinions, ideas, anything to help. Depression Forum 7
Bezerker I need help and don't know where to post Depression Forum 10
P Need some serious advice Depression Forum 4
B Blue and in need of a guide Depression Forum 3
W I need to unload and don't know how to talk about stuff so this is my shout in to the void Depression Forum 3
kimidare Need to vent or explode, or implode ? Depression Forum 13
Marrex A need to vent Depression Forum 6
L I Think I Need To Change Meds Depression Forum 7
B Struggling and need to talk Depression Forum 2
D Deteriorating mental health : I need to get a lot off my chest Depression Forum 25
G Just need a bit of help? Depression Forum 24
J My story is unoriginal but I need to vent pls Depression Forum 6
M Girlfriend has depression and has pushed away. Need advice/support Depression Forum 2
G I need help ‘May be triggering’ Depression Forum 5
J Need some help I'm feeling very depressed the moment and just do not feel good Depression Forum 4
W I need help! Depression Forum 5
R i need to get help for the sake of my family... Depression Forum 4
S I need help but I can't get help Depression Forum 20
J Need life help, my story. (sorry) Depression Forum 7
S SSRIs are screwing me up. Need ur experience with wellbutrinh Depression Forum 1
W need help please Depression Forum 6
S In need of some reassurance Depression Forum 1
J I need this off my chest Depression Forum 2
M I need to finally admit i havent fixed it Depression Forum 3
B I need help for my sister Depression Forum 7
ineedabettername I’m in need of some serious life advice. 💢 What can I do? Depression Forum 5
E I need a new perspective Depression Forum 2
A The need for others Depression Forum 6
J how to help someone who doesn't want help Depression Forum 4
A Dating someone depressed: What can I do? Depression Forum 3
F Writing a letter to someone who has passed and keeping a blog Depression Forum 5
H Supporting someone with depression Depression Forum 2
A Wish i had someone to talk to Depression Forum 10