• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Need Someone To Talk To - PTSD

W

What can I do

I'm 37 and suffered years of abuse by my father as a young child. He was an alcoholic and emotionally, physically and sexually abused my little sister and I. I suppressed the abuse for nearly 30 years with alcoholism and focusing on my own family and career. However, about four years ago I had a breakdown when the painful memories came back. I lost my career, my house, my family and my sanity. I've tried to kill myself twice in the last two months and almost died this last time. I have supportive friends and family but nobody understands the daily hell in which I live. There aren't enough words for me to help them understand. I've tried so many times and failed that I've given up. Im on meds, but they don't seem to work. I've seen several therapists but complex PTSD seems to be a relatively new condition and I haven't found relief in therapy. I am starting emdr with a new psychologist next week but after four years of hell its hard to have hope. I joined this post with the hope that I could meet some folks who have had similar experiences so I could just share what we've gone through and what life is like for us so I know I'm not alone. I need to know I don't have to fight this battle alone. I can't do it and I'm afraid I won't survive another suicide attempt.

Nikita

Nikita

ACCOUNT CLOSED
:welcome:What can I do,

I appreciate how hard it is for you having trauma memories resurface, I have had abuse in my past and have PTSD from 26 years of verbal and psychological abuse from a family member who tried to drive me to suicide and actually bring about my death so they could inherit my property.I haven't been sexually abused by a family member as a child though, that must be devastating.I have had EMDR therapy and it helped me a great deal.Other members here with PTSD have I know for sure been abused sexually as children and will know exactly what you are going through and how much pain you are in, they will I am sure reply to your post when they see it.I know how hard it is to want to be alive so take good care of yourself and don't give in to feelings of wanting out.Always talk to someone about how you feel and hold off making plans and confide in us and we can help.I hope you find help and support here.Nikitax

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

hello

i replied to your other thread x

i can relate to you very muchly

B

BlueButterfly

You are not alone

Hi,

I can certainly relate, a lot of your story sounds like my own. There are lots of lovely people here who suffer from PTSD (or Complex PTSD as in my case), so please don't feel like you are alone, or have to go through everything alone. Keep posting here, talk about how you feel, with others who understand. I only joined recently, and I cant tell you how much it has helped talking to others in the same position and knowing I am not alone in the world.

Hugs xx

L

lost75

You are not alone, even if you feel like you are.... I am just new here. This is my second post, and I am not sure if I'm doing this forum thing right.

I hope you find some relieve in this forum, and not get confused by the stories.... everybody is special, and worth a live, so are you even though you are troubled with... what I can say... some seriouse bad luck... Do not know what else to call this.

I am diagnosed with complex PTSD (as well) and looking for a better life... they keep telling me, things get better, so I want to believe that, knowing that some thing will not change, but maybe I will accept that some day...

good luck and please take care, you are worth it. :hug1: