• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Need some Support

C

constantlyelisabeth

Hi, I'm Liza (but will also answer to whatever diminutive of Elisabeth you prefer!). To make a long story short, I've dealt with self harm since I was in the 8th grade. A few weeks ago it was the worst it's ever been and I landed in the ER (after my beautiful brave best friend deciphered my anxiety ridden texts and called my local pd to check on me) where I needed many stitches. I had to tell my parents I relapsed and chose to tell a few of my incredibly close friends as they wondered why I (early 20s) was not present in class the next day. I'm starting to feel those urges again tonight. I'm new to this forum, like less than an hour new, and I apologize if I'm violating any rules or social norms here. I could just use some support/love/distractions/whatever you want to throw at me. Aside from Personal Identifying Info or descriptions of past harm that could be triggering/informational for others, I'm an open book.

Thank you in advance,
Liza xoxo

Acorn

Acorn

Hello Liza

I also struggle a lot with self harm. I’m 31 now and started when I was 3 so it’s been many many years. Do you know why you have the urges tonight? I’m here for a chat

C

constantlyelisabeth

Hi,

Thank you for responding! I've been having a rough time lately with my mental health seeming to be the worst it's been in a while. I'm not sure what specifically brought about those feelings last night. Thank you

Acorn

Acorn

I’m sorry things are hard for you and you’re having a difficult time.

Do you have any professional support for your mental health?

C

constantlyelisabeth

Thank you.

I take medication for it but have not been seeing anyone in terms of therapy recently.

Acorn

Acorn

I ask because for me therapy makes all the difference to express myself using words not actions

C

constantlyelisabeth

I have not been in a while and I think lately my thought has just been that once I get through this "rough patch" it'll get easier and I'll feel more stable and secure again, so I keep putting it off because of all of the anxiety and work that goes into finding a new therapist, to be quite honest. I agree that it sounds like it could be helpful for me and am glad it is something that has helped you

Acorn

Acorn

Maybe that energy and work is worth it though, if it helps you get over your “rough patch” something to think about.