• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

need some help?

tigerfish

tigerfish

I took an overdose last night and didn't get any medical advice at all!! It's been roughly 12 hours after the fact!! Am I still in danger? Is t too late after the OD for anyone to do anything? I don't want to waste anyone's time if I am out of danger from it now!!! I don't want to say too much cos I don't want to step out of line!! I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, so I apologize if it's not where it should be!!

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yes, I would say you are still in danger, you may not even feel anything until a couple of days later.

Please go and get yourself checked out.

xxx

katya

katya

I took an overdose last night and didn't get any medical advice at all!! It's been roughly 12 hours after the fact!! Am I still in danger? Is t too late after the OD for anyone to do anything? I don't want to waste anyone's time if I am out of danger from it now!!! I don't want to say too much cos I don't want to step out of line!! I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this, so I apologize if it's not where it should be!!
Ring NHS Direct, if you're in the UK. Just to make sure.

Are you feeling better since it happened? What are your symptoms?

tigerfish

tigerfish

Just feeling spaced out and very dizzy and disoriented!! It hasn't really taken away my urges to OD again!! Sad but true!!

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
yes. you should ring 111. :hug:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Tigerfish. I personally wouldn't even ring 111. Instead go to a drop in clinic or A&E. You can never be too cautious.

xxx

tigerfish

tigerfish

I need a few minutes to calm down first!! They don't treat self harmers very well and I am not up to being ridiculed right now!! Can anyone just talk to me for two minutes while I try to pull myself together a little bit first!! It takes alot of energy to face that!!

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well I just almost took a Diazepam accidently instead of my meds and I have to work tonight which would of made the night very interesting. If I take one I go very high! but two and I knock myself totally out of it.

Silly Marliee :LOL:

(I don't know whether my sillyness may distract)

Please laugh at me.

katya

katya

I need a few minutes to calm down first!! They don't treat self harmers very well and I am not up to being ridiculed right now!! Can anyone just talk to me for two minutes while I try to pull myself together a little bit first!! It takes alot of energy to face that!!
I agree with MarlieeBee - I think you should go to A&E too, especially if your urge to OD hasn't gone away.

Of course. We're here. Maybe try some breathing exercises? Try to breathe in for 4, out for 8?

Also, is there anyone you can call to maybe take you to A&E?

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I know right!

They shouldn't put everything in the same colour boxes. All my meds come in Green boxes.

I shall make a petition!

tigerfish

tigerfish

I would be so confused if all the boxes were similar!! Mine are done in a nomad box!! I don't even have the chance to see the boxes!!! I would still sign that petition for you!!