• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

need some help please

R

rainbowbrite

Hi, I don't really know where to start. My friend has just told me bout this site cuz she thought it might help. I am 27 and had PND last year with my second child but something seems to have gone very wrong and now everything is out of control and i dont know what do. I just been referred to early intervention psychosis team but i dont know what they do- i been told i have delusions?? The home treatment team come out most days.

The only way i feel any kind of relief is by cutting and i need to do it more and more. My mind is not my own now - i really hate me. i don't know what to do

bluenomore

bluenomore

hi rainbowbrite,
:welcome: to the forums :)

i don't have much experience with PND (being a bloke) but I can assure you that there are lots of people here who know what you're going through. It's great that you've found us. have a look round the forums and post about your experiences.

Lion Heart

Lion Heart

hi rainbowbrite :welcome:

i dont no what to say sorry,someone ealse here can help you out im sure.

be strong,take care & i hope you get the help you need soon :hug:

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi and :welcome: to the Forum rainbowbrite. First important thing is that you are not alone - well you will probably know that if you have been looking around the Forum for a bit! but there are thousands and thousands of people who are suffering in the same sort of way that you are. This is not to say that you are not completely individual, but you are definitely not alone.

Second it is good that you are getting some help right now. Again if you read the Forum for many people just getting any form of help can be a real struggle. What are the home treatment people suggesting? Are they helping?

Third - and perhaps most important - you have an illness and it is not your fault! The big problem is that there is no simple 'cure' for this illness. What works for one person does not work for another. And so people disagree (again as you will see here :)) about medication, talking therapies, exercise, video games, meditation and a whole host of possibilities. I'm afraid that finding the right thing or mix for you can take a time and even that for some people, like me, nothing is going to 'cure' us completely. But there is often nothing that you can 'do' to make yourself better. And worst of all is getting guilty about the fact that you are ill; this just makes the depression worse. So always remember - whatever else - it is not your fault. I know this is really hard to do when you are in the black pit but it is important.

Nick.

Onlymebud

Onlymebud

Hi there and :welcome:

I'm sure you can find some sort of help from the guys/ girls here or take comfort from talking to those who actually know what your goin through.

I only just joined up but this site is DIRECTLY responsible for me facing up to my issues and seeking help.

The difference is like night and day.

You are not alone and i'm sure everyone here will help if we can.

Do you take sugar? I just making a brew :tea:

:welcome:(y)