• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Need some help.. new here !! urgent

O

OCDSUCKS1228

Hello everyone I'm new here. I am 28 years old and have had anxiety/panic disorder for 10 years now. I have a fiance and 3 kids. thought I'd do a little intro. i am really suffering atm. i was never diagnosed with OCD but i think I might have a it a little bit. I have more anxiety then anything. so it'svhard to tell . I usually can overcome thoughts pretty quick but when I'm going through a stressful time.. they pop back up and harder to get rid of. Anyways, I took my car to a new place for inspection about a Month or two ago. The lady that was working the front desk.. started asking me how I liked the house we live in now etc.. I said it's nice but small for us ( family of 5 & we rent ). So then she goes to say do you ever notice anytving unusual in your house as in haunted is what she was asking .. & i said no and so did my Fiance. This type of stuff is a HUGE trigger for me. i dont watch any type of possession movie or anything.. so then i was really worked up for a while about it and thought maybe she was just saying that because she lived here for 15 years and missed her house like she kept saying... i don't know so then i was talking and catching up with our friends girlfriend and I told her this and she is like yeah something is there but idk what.. so now I'm even more freaked out and scared.. but then she also goes to say something was at her boyfriends old aparment too .. idk but I'm scared of the what if i get posessed and this thing makes me stop breathing .. and the breathing thing is a huge fear of mine so I think im just having scary thoughts but has anyone ever sent through this?? CAN YOU BECOME POSESSED BC YOURE SCARED ?? like I said i never felt anything here ever and been here 5 years. please help me yall !

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
The dead can't hurt you

Movies create stories for our entertainment and are not reality

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
My grandad always said that above. The dead can't hurt you. It was a fear of mine when younger, but now i don't mind. I think as you get older, you don't worry about that sort of thing. My mum says you need to be afraid of the living, not the dead.

I have never seen a ghost and don't personally believe they are real. You will probably have lots of people posting on this thread now about what they have seen but remember some people here have psychosis.

I have heard voices as part of my illness and it is a worry, what that truly was, but there is no point in worrying about things we cannot do anything about.

O

OCDSUCKS1228

My grandad always said that above. The dead can't hurt you. It was a fear of mine when younger, but now i don't mind. I think as you get older, you don't worry about that sort of thing. My mum says you need to be afraid of the living, not the dead.

I have never seen a ghost and don't personally believe they are real. You will probably have lots of people posting on this thread now about what they have seen but remember some people here have psychosis.

I have heard voices as part of my illness and it is a worry, what that truly was, but there is no point in worrying about things we cannot do anything about.

Thank you. Yeah no i just have the what if thoughts that freak me out . :(

JessisMe

JessisMe

Thank you. Yeah no i just have the what if thoughts that freak me out . :(
You cannot become possessed from being fearful.
Your experience of your living area is that it is quiet and there is nothing strange afoot there. I would just stick with that. If you had experienced a lot of weird things there that might be different. But you haven’t, right? :hug:

O

OCDSUCKS1228

You cannot become possessed from being fearful.
Your experience of your living area is that it is quiet and there is nothing strange afoot there. I would just stick with that. If you had experienced a lot of weird things there that might be different. But you haven’t, right? :hug:
No i haven't experienced anything... so wait you can come become posessdd bc i keep getting told i can't.

O

OCDSUCKS1228

no you can’t
this type of stuff just really triggers me. usually I'm ok with handling scary thoughts but I been stressed .. so they are sticking. ugh hate this crap :(

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I don't think that happens
If it does it must be very rare and in special circumstances
Some people with schizophrenia have said they feel possessed
Who knows?
If it happens, it happens, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it
It's like vampires and zombies. Movies or real
We all have to live with these horrible things in our heads and nobody knows real or not

Be a good person
Do good
You don't sound evil to me
People who murder or do extreme harm to others i would personally think should be more afraid than us

I think we have a choice in everything that happens to us.

O

OCDSUCKS1228

True.. i have never known of anyone to be posessed except for movies lol. it's just the thought of it that bugs me. Thanks.. far from evil. exactly all those rapist and killers out there etc would prob be posessed first and yet it still don't happen to their evil asses. makes me sick