• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Need some advise

naya

naya

Ok this is sooo not the place for that but ah well.
I have a public art account I started just to motivate myself. Many people I know (schoolmates, boys I talked to...) followed me. At first I didn't care, like ok my art can be cringe and all but it's just for fun and they're nice people. Hoewer, I ended up distancing myself from everyone. Arguments, toxicity, discommfort...It just doesn't feel right and I fell like I am censuring myself in fear of them seeing my art. Furthermore I am thinking of slowly starting to make more serious art content (I even started a youtube chanel).

I don't know whether I should start building a new account and then just erase my current one, or if I should rename my curent one, private it and remove all the followers I don't want. I liked it public so it would be annoying but it's probably the best way to moderate who I don't want seeing it. I don't have many subscribers tbh, but starting over would be annoying plus these ppeople could find my new account and link me to it. So rebranding and privating fells like the only good option.(plus mu current name doesn't match my youtube channel's anyway)

I feel so dumb doing this and even thinking about it. I am going to be an artist and my art will be seen by people I don't like anyways. Honestly it's probably just me wanting some space to grow as an artist away from those I find toxic, until I fell comfortable enough with myself and my own skills. I really hope I will be able to stop thinking about all the unpleasant memories I have with this people, since they obviously don't take it as seriously as I do.

What do you think I should do? I know I am overreacting, but I belive I should be comfortable in doing what I love until I fell better about everything.

This was long sorry and thanks to anyone who had the patience to read it^^

M

MouthyOne

Starting again on another account seems a good idea given what you say above.

Staying away from any toxicity or bad feelings is never a bad thing. It's your account and you can do what you like 😉

Maybe when the channel or the account grows you may wish to open it up again. ☺️