• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

need some advice ?

S

shelley

Founding Member
little confused an scared of where i keep going wrong . i just annoy everyone apparantley . i have already lost two close friends it feels like i my partner is going further away . i know what i want but i can never get it right .(my illness all ways wins) any advice would be very help full x :unsure:

M

Michael

Founding Member
There is a lot of people on this Forum who I am sure will be able to help and support you - even me!

Seriously, it's a difficult road to travel at the best of times, we all rub people up the wrong way no matter what our state of mind is, it's just that we seem to be more vulnerable to the consequences than most.
Sometimes it's helpful to breakdown problems or issues into individual items and tackle them one at a time. Even if the list is pages long it does the mooral good to just cross them off one at a time!
Maybe it will show that some of the problems are the same with a different stance on it - who knows until you try.

Why try us out with just one and lets take it from there!

Michael

D

Dollit

Hi Shelley and welcome to the forum.

Relationships are difficult at the best of times and some people are better at them than others. I have a family member who blames me for everything that goes wrong in every relationship I have - work, friends, partners - even though it can't be my fault all the time. It takes two to work a relationship and mental health problems can be a convenient place to hang problems.

As Michael says, stick around and get to know us and someone will help, someone always does. :welcome:

S

shelley

Founding Member
HI

THANK YOU for your replies its just really scary everything just feels like hard work. but finding this site is helping alot,no one i know really understansd me. :)

D

Dollit

I'm glad you found us. You'll soon make friends here and the support is very good! :)

Ashami

Ashami

Founding Member
Hello Shelley and :welcome:

Hey I'm with you re: your experiences. I've lost a sister and friend in the last two years, have been told I'm a 'miserable cow', piss everyone off etc.

And you know what? They are probably right.
And you know what? I don't give a damn.

I spent years playing the white man, agreeing with everyone, being who they wanted me to be and I just got tired of it, was being used as a batting boy at every occasion. I decided that I have the right to be who I am, warts an' all. Nobody is perfect after all!

And although my 'friendship closet' is a bit thin on the ground, and my family treat me like a stranger, there are still those few who remain steadfast and have faith in me. Don't worry Shelley, you will find some understanding people here :flowers::hug:

Libra1

Libra1

Founding Member
Hi Shelley and :welcome: to MHF. This is a friendly, helpful and supportive site, we are all different but do understand. Take a look at the other threads and stop by the cafe sometime for some fun.:hug:

S

shelley

Founding Member
HI

You are so right about life feeling like a lie . It just feels like your awake but not really awake if that makes sense

Bluemoon

Bluemoon

Founding Member
Shelley - Oh boy, I know how you feel. I've mentioned all sorts of things in my previous posts about past work collegues to friends and people in the pub - not to mention my dad and brother ( who are 95% of the time quite supportive ). I do my best to please people, be a kind and honest person, loyal in friendships and help people out yet sometimes all I get back is criticism and, pardon my French, some cr*p at times. I'm no doormat by anymeans and can stick up for myself - but even though I wonder why I bother some times, I like being who I am and don't want to change. People advise me to be more selfish ( sometimes I can be, you have to give yourself permission at times for good reasons ) and think of "number 1" ( no, not Commander Riker from Star Trek :LOL: ). I too ask "where am I going wrong ?" and "what did I do this time ?" - but many times I get reassured that it's not me - it's them. Michael made some very good points back there and Ashami's right, no-one is perfect but I've met some who think they are :LOL:.

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
I totally agree NO-ONE is perfect .
Life is one BIG learning curve .

:hug:

S

shelley

Founding Member
day

Anyone out there having a day like me when you wish you stayed in bed

M

Michael

Founding Member
Most days are like that for me, and isn't it good when it's finished and you can look back and see how you have come through it!

Michael

S

shelley

Founding Member
hi

no not really i having the same problem every day at the moment

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C People 4
D People 2
FlowerBox People 4
Faith198 People 2
P People 3