• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Need some advice...

F

franzsanches

I put in my notice to leave May 28th at my current job. I've already had a meltdown living in this isolated place working a job I can't stand and dread going into every Monday. There making me repay my small sign on bonus regardless.

I'm at this point where I feel like just saying screw it, and not going in tomorrow and moving earlier. I start grad school in July. I miss my family, and friends and being here almost a year has almost put me 6 feet under.

Any ideas folks?

T

Twylight

Hello and welcome

I've had low paid jobs that i've hated and I sometimes wonder if it contributed to me becoming mentally ill

Do what you feel..

F

franzsanches

It pays pretty good but regardless I just dread being there.

I had a meltdown 3 months ago from it. Almost quit then. Now I feel like I'm headed right down the same path as I type this.

I am not sure I can last another 2 months without it severely affecting my health.

But obviously I'd burn my bridges pretty good.

T

Twylight

The most important thing in life is health

And money isn't everything

Colud you get a job closer to home

F

franzsanches

I've basically got to just make it until July. Then I'll get paid while I'm in school to be in school thanks to my Veterans/GI bill status.

And I can stay w family as well.

The biggest thing would be the shock factor of telling work I'm all of a sudden not coming in ever again, well before my official May 28th day that I told them originally would be my last day.

Know what I mean?

T

Twylight

Yes I see

It's six weeks 'till May 28th - tricky - what are you going on to do ?

F

franzsanches

I have no idea... there's the whole angle of sticking to your word, makes you a better man, but I honestly don't know what to do.

Astrid

Astrid

The big question is: do you NEED the reference from this job for your resume? If the answer is yes, stick it out. If the answer is no, then don't go back, and don't feel guilty about it.