• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Need some advice

B

blueone

Hi,

I need some advice from like-minded people - my boyfriend is getting sick of me and I can't talk to him anymore about my feelings. I go through some good times, but at the moment I am experiencing some distressing stuff. I am taking meds for sz, but they don't seem to be working. As soon as my eyes open in the morning I can hear voices abusing me and accusing me of things that are not in my nature. They seem to be voices of people who have treated my for psych problems in the past - I feel like they've programmed my brain to be permanently ill - could they do this? Are medical professionals allowed to do this? Does anyone else have this problem. It won't stop. I don't know where to turn and can't turn to my GP because I don't trust the medical profession anymore. What should I do? I don't tell anyone about my diagnosis and I don't know what to do.
Blue

I

IntrospectionFtw!

Hi,

I need some advice from like-minded people - my boyfriend is getting sick of me and I can't talk to him anymore about my feelings. I go through some good times, but at the moment I am experiencing some distressing stuff. I am taking meds for sz, but they don't seem to be working. As soon as my eyes open in the morning I can hear voices abusing me and accusing me of things that are not in my nature. They seem to be voices of people who have treated my for psych problems in the past - I feel like they've programmed my brain to be permanently ill - could they do this? Are medical professionals allowed to do this? Does anyone else have this problem. It won't stop. I don't know where to turn and can't turn to my GP because I don't trust the medical profession anymore. What should I do? I don't tell anyone about my diagnosis and I don't know what to do.
Blue
Sorry your having a hard time at the moment, i often hear peoples voices or a voice repeats negative things people have said to me from the past or it plays off my insecuritys, as for the doctors brain washing you well some would argue theres no such thing as schizophrenia and that psychs brain wash u into believeing you have a psychotic illness yes you experience what we call "psychosis" or hallucinations but its just a label and who are they to tell you what your going through...you know psychosis is a very individual diverse experience and theres no scientific proof of a cause really or whats the best way to treat it...and they neglect to remind you your still a normal person not a Illness and that can demoralise you plus the medications are addictive and damage your brain and are damn near impossible to get off so yeah you kind of fall into this identity and your life becomes dictated by this "illness"..if you go to your gp they'd probably just refer you to a psych or contact your psychs they wont get involved in the actual treatment of you unless of course you have complaints or have been treated bad and they will more than likely be on the same page as the psychs and trust in their judgement but id say see your gp talk to he/she about your concerns...prolly the best move.

B

blueone

Thanks for your help

Thanks for responding. My boyfriend is more or less starting to disown me, only bcos of the voices. He seems more happy that sz exists and that I need help, but the help seems to have made the orig problem worse. I am trapped. I darent not take the meds, but if I don't take them it gets worse. The med staff seem to be pretty nasty, but my boyfriend says this is part of the illness and that they want to help. This is so hard.

I

IntrospectionFtw!

Im sure he cares its just hard for people to understand people dont mind your ill as long as you get better but if you dont get any better people stop feeling sympathy for your situation.