• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Need some advice please

F

flukebox

I need some advice and hope you can help

A friend of mine has a sister who has recently been released from a mental hospital after being diagnosed with being psycopathic and is on strong anti-psychotic medication

She has not been out long and has already made threats to my friend, her girlfriend too has made threats and between them they have run around making my friend out to be a frankensteins monster of all their own worst character traits

This has caused my friend utmost upset and obviously being threatened by a psychopath is not nice even if it is your own sister

you can imagine this is not easy for her

I am a bit concerned, as you can probably understand, that she might not yet be fully ready and may need some further treatment and was wondering if you could advise on what is the best way to seek this for her

thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give

from breif browsing it seems this is a forum for support of the people suffering themselves, as opposed to the victims of a psychopaths rage

so i hope this isnt out of place

but i dont know where else to go, im new to this

yours sincerely

D

A

Apotheosis

from breif browsing it seems this is a forum for support of the people suffering themselves, as opposed to the victims of a psychopaths rage

so i hope this isnt out of place
A psychopath?

Is that the diagnosis that she has received?

F

flukebox

hi mate, thanks for responding so quickly :D

her last threatening hate filled/fuelled letter said she spent all summer in a hospital and is on anti-psychotics, stronger than her last ones

so i guess anti-psychotics are for psychopaths?

unfortunately cant get confirmation as she is unnaproachable

but lets take it as yes knowing what we do ...

where to go from here?

we have the threatening emails etc, is it a police matter or?

i dunno! help!

thanks again

ill be watching the thread cos im at a lost end with this, appreciate your interest greatly :)

A

Apotheosis

so i guess anti-psychotics are for psychopaths?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy

Does that sound like what she has?

I am unsure as to the treatment for psychopaths.

Ant-psychotics; as the name suggests; are for the treatment of psychosis - & although the term is filled with negative association; psychotic is not psychopathic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosis

I would think that a great many people on this site would take offence at the idea that because they take anti-psychotics - then that makes them psychopaths.

F

flukebox

yea, but then, i would think an awful lot of people on this site would take offence to just about anything wouldn't they?

Don't they?

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Warning: Rant alert

As Apo says, be aware that a psychotic (and therefore takes anti-psychotic drugs) and a psychopath are very, very different things. It's not a case of taking offence, it's about getting your facts straight, and that's very important. Since misinformation is much of what causes the huge stigma still attached to mental illness.

And no, we don't take offence that easily. In fact most of us are more patient and understanding about mental health, or anything else for that matter, than many of the so-called 'normal' population.

Rant over.

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

yea, but then, i would think an awful lot of people on this site would take offence to just about anything wouldn't they?

Don't they?
I'm on anti-psychotics yet have never had a psychotic episode in my life. As for your generalisation to people on this forum taking offence at anything written you my friend have much to learn:LOL:

Thankyou for giving me such a laugh on this boring sunday morning. May I be so bold as to suggest you fill in the gaps in your obvious lack of education regarding mental health issues:D

shaky

shaky

She has not been out long and has already made threats to my friend, her girlfriend too has made threats and between them they have run around making my friend out to be a frankensteins monster of all their own worst character traits
D
What sort of threats are they? If they are of physical violence then that might be a matter for the police.
But you say her girlfriend has made threats too, so it doesn't seem to be just the one who has come out of hospital who is causing trouble.
Can yu clarify the position for us as it's a bit confusing.:confused:

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
You have to laugh otherwise you'd cry.

F

flukebox

I'm on anti-psychotics yet have never had a psychotic episode in my life. As for your generalisation to people on this forum taking offence at anything written you my friend have much to learn:LOL:

Thankyou for giving me such a laugh on this boring sunday morning. May I be so bold as to suggest you fill in the gaps in your obvious lack of education regarding mental health issues:D

so your saying you dont get offended by things easily

but me saying you might, offends you

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight ... :O

Last edited:
trombone_babe

trombone_babe

you may also be unaware that your projecting your own problems onto me

it's called psychological projection, and its the reason your insane
You are now treading on extremely dangerous ground. You cannot say things like that to people on here and you might be interested to know I have reported you for it. I'm sure there will be many who agree with my sentiments there.

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Flukebox deliberately offending people isn't going to get you very far is it?You'll probably be banned now which is a shame because we could have helped you.

F

flukebox

What sort of threats are they? If they are of physical violence then that might be a matter for the police.
But you say her girlfriend has made threats too, so it doesn't seem to be just the one who has come out of hospital who is causing trouble.
Can yu clarify the position for us as it's a bit confusing.:confused:
yes mate certainly

her sister has just come out of hospital and tried to make friends with my girlfriend, who in the past she has threatened and been very nasty too

my girlfriend has rejected this offer as she doesnt need the constant grief in her life that this draining persons influence has rightnow but wished her well with her treatment

this has resulted in a barrage of abuse and threats from not only the psychotic one but also the psychotic ones girlfriend, and now her mother too

for my girlfriend this is most upsetting as u can probably imagine

but unfortunately knowing what i do, i find the situation with them 3 hurling all their own problems onto her rather amusing, sorry for that, but it is amusing to watch someone who is asleep rant and rave about them selves under the mistaken impression they are describing someone else

wot to do?

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I tried to report your post but the link is broken.I'm not really bothered.You haven't ruined my day you're the least of my problems.

DiagnosisBipolar2

DiagnosisBipolar2

so your saying you dont get offended by things easily

but me saying you might, offends you

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight ... :O
No dear I take offence to small mindedness and discriminatory behaviour towards people with mental health issues and behaviour such as that you have already shown in your postings today.

Your generalisation stating that everyone taking anti-psychotic medication must be a psychopath shows there is an obvious huge gap in your knowledge and possibly general education therefore I suggest my friend you fill that gap before posting such amusing dribble.

I did not take offence at your post as I said I found it light hearted reading for a sunday morning I have to say I do find your postings full of small mindedness though.

As for the harrassment your girlfriend is experiencing from the person in question and their family I suggest she writes everything down in a diary form and then if it continues you have something to present to the police who can take action under The 1997 Protection from harrassment Act.