• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Need quick help - Unsure about accepting interview

• Thread starter strawberrywater
  • Start date
S

strawberrywater

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I got a last minute notice of an interview (they called me earlier but I missed it until now).

It's not a job I really want, but I applied anyway just because I need some kind of job. Thing is -- my mom hounds me about getting a job, but I'm scared to tell her I have an interview and that I need to take the car. I'm scared she's going to be disappointed in me that it's a low-level job.. but she's also always yelling at me to get a job.

I don't know what to do. I feel like just ignoring the interview offer because of how my mom makes me feel so bad about myself. I don't really want another low-level job but it's a rare opportunity because it's very close to home. I have to kind of take what I can get, because I don't want to commute far for something else.

What should I do?

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

I'd advise to tell her that you have the interview, if you get the job it could be a stepping stone to something better :hug:

albagobragh

albagobragh

Do the interview and take the job if offered.
Your mum should be proud of you.

M

Marianda

Go to the interview and accept the job offer . Then you can search for a better job. Take it as something to start.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Thank u everyone, I accepted the interview and will see how this goes 😊
Congratulations! It sounds like at this point just having a place to go to get away from your parents and feel productive would be a real benefit for you. I hope you get an offer! xo, j

albagobragh

albagobragh

Hi @strawberrywater, good luck with the interview. Another good reason for taking the job if offered is that it's easier to find a job when in a job. That's something you could tell your mum also if she gives you a hard time.

S

strawberrywater

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi all, I had the interview today. It seemed like a preliminary-type of interview - they just asked me situational questions, and we didn't talk about my work history. Interesting. I was quite nervous but tried my best. I won't be upset if I don't get it, I'm not sure if it's the right fit for me. It's not an industry I want to work in, however it's a job. I realized I will have a difficult time transitioning back into a job after being out of work for so long, so at least I know I need to work on that while I continue to search. Thanks everyone for all your kind encouragement 😊😊 We'll see what happens!

albagobragh

albagobragh

Just see how it goes @strawberrywater. Hopefully they give you a second interview or even a decision to make.
It's all interview practice anyway.

C

celticlass

I am pleased you have this chance as if it leads to a job offer it could bring other openings in your life

M

Marianda

It's great you went to the interview. Going to interviews is good even if you don't get the job. It helps you to prepare yourself for future interviews.