• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Need people to talk too

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hey,

Good I'm glad to hear you are alright. I'm OKish had a bit of a blip today, not helping being at work. Just a bit down in the dumps with the worry gremlin, it's getting to me. One moment I think of a positive thought then that sinking feeling happens in the pit of my stomach. Before you know it the Gremlin is back nagging at me. I'm trying my best to stay positive though. Really frustrated xx
Maybe instead of trying to be okay all day you can concentrate on small moments? Like if you can watch a programme in peace. That would be an achievement.

J

Jinx22

The morning is worse for me, I'm up so early and the first thing I have to do is rush to the bathroom as I'm so sick 😔 I dont know how to control it xx

bpd2020

bpd2020

How horrible to wake up early and feel so sick. Do you think it would help to talk to your GP about trying a different medication?

HeyImTyler

HeyImTyler

Hey Everyone
So this is the first time i have been on a forum but i needed people to talk too. I have suffered from GAD since I was a teenager and it got totally out of control as i went into my 20s, I'm now 36. I have a great job I have a lot of people who care about me but they don't quite get it, what I worry about, why i worry. Yesterday my Anxiety went into overload & was triggered by news about a house I'm applying for and it not going straight forward. I suddenly had to run to the loo, I've been feeling sick & can barely stomach anything. My head is constantly full and I always think the worse thing is going to happen, I convince myself no matter what anyone says the worse possible case scenario will be what will happen. I hate it, I don't sleep well which adds to the worry. I just need people to talk to. I hope you don't mind? Xx
That's one of the things that I hate about myself so much, that I suddenly developed a mentality from nowhere where I stop doing thing because I think of the worst case scenario and worry so much about the possible outcome that it pretty much always stops me from doing whatever it was altogether. If only it was easy to re-train our minds to actually think much more positively. Your brain is a very powerful tool and I think to an extent it also has the possibility to heal you and not just give you symptoms in reaction to stress and/or anxiety.

Unfortunately anxiety and IBS go hand in hand and anytime you become that little bit more stressed and anxious over something, be it some bad news or even an opportunity, it will often leave you running for the nearest toilet which then only makes you feel even wore of course. Give me a shout if you ever feel like rambling, it can help a lot just to let off steam and know someone is actually listening. Same goes for everyone else here.

J

Jinx22

That's one of the things that I hate about myself so much, that I suddenly developed a mentality from nowhere where I stop doing thing because I think of the worst case scenario and worry so much about the possible outcome that it pretty much always stops me from doing whatever it was altogether. If only it was easy to re-train our minds to actually think much more positively. Your brain is a very powerful tool and I think to an extent it also has the possibility to heal you and not just give you symptoms in reaction to stress and/or anxiety.

Unfortunately anxiety and IBS go hand in hand and anytime you become that little bit more stressed and anxious over something, be it some bad news or even an opportunity, it will often leave you running for the nearest toilet which then only makes you feel even wore of course. Give me a shout if you ever feel like rambling, it can help a lot just to let off steam and know someone is actually listening. Same goes for everyone else here.
I agree I'm exactly the same!! I'm hardly sleeping, finding it difficult to function. I feel that this lockdown hasn't helped matters as it's like I have been revisited by a nightmare, not helping that i have to work. This bit is difficult as I'm going round like there is nothing wrong well trying to x

J

Jinx22

How horrible to wake up early and feel so sick. Do you think it would help to talk to your GP about trying a different medication?
Hey there,

I think you're right, I do think I will have to chat with the GP about this. Up again early hours with feeling sick and so overly anxious it's unreal. Really getting me down as sleeping is so difficult. Just can't switch off and imagining the worse thing is going to happen. You have this thing where you feel like you can predict the future even though you can't and play every scenario in your head. Feeling overwhelmed at the mo. Just so glad I have people to talk to. Hope your day is going well x

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hey there,

I think you're right, I do think I will have to chat with the GP about this. Up again early hours with feeling sick and so overly anxious it's unreal. Really getting me down as sleeping is so difficult. Just can't switch off and imagining the worse thing is going to happen. You have this thing where you feel like you can predict the future even though you can't and play every scenario in your head. Feeling overwhelmed at the mo. Just so glad I have people to talk to. Hope your day is going well x
I think not getting enough sleep makes us feel even worse. I am glad you are going to talk to your GP. I hope you can speak to them tomorrow. I can understand you feeling overwhelmed. Anxiety is very stressful.

J

Jinx22

I think not getting enough sleep makes us feel even worse. I am glad you are going to talk to your GP. I hope you can speak to them tomorrow. I can understand you feeling overwhelmed. Anxiety is very stressful.
Just keep waking very early hours so overwhelmed with dread. I'm off tomorrow and Tuesday so I'm going to make sure I rest up as I'm literally running on spent energy. Still struggling to stomach anything, trying my hardest to get food into my system xx

bpd2020

bpd2020

I did not realise you were still working. That must be so hard while you feel anxious. I hope you can rest on your days off.

J

Jinx22

I did not realise you were still working. That must be so hard while you feel anxious. I hope you can rest on your days off.
Yeah I'm still working, it's difficult especially when the sickness comes over x

bpd2020

bpd2020

I can imagine how difficult that must be. I know some people find working helps as it is a distraction.

K

Keephope

Just curious have to done any CBT? Don't get me wrong you need to work at it but may give you some form of direction when you are having bad days, the NHS has a long waiting list but to be honest you can read and learn it yourself on YouTube or type it into Google.

Stay strong each day is an achievement