• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Need people to talk too

J

Jinx22

Hey Everyone
So this is the first time i have been on a forum but i needed people to talk too. I have suffered from GAD since I was a teenager and it got totally out of control as i went into my 20s, I'm now 36. I have a great job I have a lot of people who care about me but they don't quite get it, what I worry about, why i worry. Yesterday my Anxiety went into overload & was triggered by news about a house I'm applying for and it not going straight forward. I suddenly had to run to the loo, I've been feeling sick & can barely stomach anything. My head is constantly full and I always think the worse thing is going to happen, I convince myself no matter what anyone says the worse possible case scenario will be what will happen. I hate it, I don't sleep well which adds to the worry. I just need people to talk to. I hope you don't mind? Xx

Hello513

Hello513

Hey Everyone
So this is the first time i have been on a forum but i needed people to talk too. I have suffered from GAD since I was a teenager and it got totally out of control as i went into my 20s, I'm now 36. I have a great job I have a lot of people who care about me but they don't quite get it, what I worry about, why i worry. Yesterday my Anxiety went into overload & was triggered by news about a house I'm applying for and it not going straight forward. I suddenly had to run to the loo, I've been feeling sick & can barely stomach anything. My head is constantly full and I always think the worse thing is going to happen, I convince myself no matter what anyone says the worse possible case scenario will be what will happen. I hate it, I don't sleep well which adds to the worry. I just need people to talk to. I hope you don't mind? Xx
No one minds, and I hope you find what you are looking for. I am american so I cannot speak to the actual help you will get as it is a very different system.

As far as this website is concerned :I find it to be incredibly suppportive, and after all it is a
British website in the end even tough they tolerate many people from many different counntries including the states, cananda an australia to nane a fed

J

Jinx22

Hey,
My GP has been fabulous. I have some very good friends. However, one of my closest ones tells me I'm being silly and to just get on with it...it's so hard to express what I'm feeling. Going into another lockdown isn't helping matters 😔

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello Jinx and welcome to the forum. How sad your friend is unable to understand anxiety and deems you 'silly'. It is really hard when people are unable to understand. You will find support on here. It is really good to hear your GP is good.

J

Jinx22

Hello Jinx and welcome to the forum. How sad your friend is unable to understand anxiety and deems you 'silly'. It is really hard when people are unable to understand. You will find support on here. It is really good to hear your GP is good.
Thank you so much, I have been struggling today. It's hard work trying to think of other things. Every time the thought pops into my what I am worrying about at the moment, i get that sinking feeling of total and utter dread 😔 It's like a constant battle going on inside, whilst you do the best you can, to go through your day smiling telling everyone all is well. I find it so hard to talk to people about what I'm feeling, as they just don't get it. I've had lunch and that felt like a chore swallowing it down. The physical side effects with me do get really bad and I just want control over it xx

bpd2020

bpd2020

It is hard to talk to people who are unable to understand. I have found that makes me feel even worse. It is good you can share your thoughts on here.

J

Jinx22

It is hard to talk to people who are unable to understand. I have found that makes me feel even worse. It is good you can share your thoughts on here.
Thank you, as the day is going on I'm feeling worse 😔 I'm waiting for news but keeping thinking the worse xx

J

Jinx22

I hope today is a better day for you. Jinx.
Hey there, it's been very up and down for me. I have just written a big list to myself and to my Anxiety Gremiln, I've told it to do one. I'm in control of me not it. A lost of all the positive things I have in life, I've re read over it and it's really helped pull me up.

I hope you are alright bdp2020 sending love xx

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hey there, it's been very up and down for me. I have just written a big list to myself and to my Anxiety Gremiln, I've told it to do one. I'm in control of me not it. A lost of all the positive things I have in life, I've re read over it and it's really helped pull me up.

I hope you are alright bdp2020 sending love xx
What a great idea! Your list is such a good way of focusing the thoughts and making sense of them. I am fine thank you. You are sweet to ask. :)

C

Cyclist

Thank you so much, I have been struggling today. It's hard work trying to think of other things. Every time the thought pops into my what I am worrying about at the moment, i get that sinking feeling of total and utter dread 😔 It's like a constant battle going on inside, whilst you do the best you can, to go through your day smiling telling everyone all is well. I find it so hard to talk to people about what I'm feeling, as they just don't get it. I've had lunch and that felt like a chore swallowing it down. The physical side effects with me do get really bad and I just want control over it xx
What is it that makes you anxious? Just everything? Are you taking meds? I'm in exactly the same position as you, possible worse because I'm in a very unpleasant place waiting for a builder to finish my new house. The stresses are too numerous to list and I'm wondering how much longer it can be before I suffer a heart attack or a stroke.

A sip of water with your food will help you to chew and swallow.

I find reading this helps:

J

Jinx22

What is it that makes you anxious? Just everything? Are you taking meds? I'm in exactly the same position as you, possible worse because I'm in a very unpleasant place waiting for a builder to finish my new house. The stresses are too numerous to list and I'm wondering how much longer it can be before I suffer a heart attack or a stroke.

A sip of water with your food will help you to chew and swallow.

I find reading this helps:

Hi Cyclist,

I'm taking Sertraline for my anxiety, I'm on 100mg. I have been a bit naughty and did stop taking it for a few weeks, which I should not have done. I worry about everything imaginable 😥 I have got GAD. The house has triggered this recent cycle of events. I also keep thinking that what happens if I lose my job what will I do? Where will i get a job? What's happens if I can't afford the house? And so on, then it all completely spirals out of control. I really hate it. I get panicked attacks and have control over them.

I know it's easy to say but try not to get stressed about your house (says me) it will work out I'm certain. If you feel heart palpitations, take a step back and take nice deep breaths, 5 secs in through your nose, 5 out through your mouth and it will keep you steady. I know exactly how you are feeling as I'm the same. You're not alone and always talk about the worries. You can always talk to me 😊 I need support too. X

J

Jinx22

What a great idea! Your list is such a good way of focusing the thoughts and making sense of them. I am fine thank you. You are sweet to ask. :)
Hey,

Good I'm glad to hear you are alright. I'm OKish had a bit of a blip today, not helping being at work. Just a bit down in the dumps with the worry gremlin, it's getting to me. One moment I think of a positive thought then that sinking feeling happens in the pit of my stomach. Before you know it the Gremlin is back nagging at me. I'm trying my best to stay positive though. Really frustrated xx