• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Need Help!!

starflower

starflower

Does anyone else feel that sometimes they are completely on thier own and no one else except those with mental health problems understand. I am crying for help at the moment. On one hand I have had enough, but the other side thinks of other people and how I would hurt them or disappoint them if I wasn't here. I am supposed to be going on holiday on saturday, but I dont want to spoil my parnters holiday, never mind how I feel. Sick of trying, or trying to fit in, what does society expect of us. They can't see our pain, our lack of confindence, our paranoia!! Why can't I start thinking about myself and not what other people expect of me. Why does it hurt so much to feel disaproval from people who are not inportant in my life. Help!! Does anyone know what I mean???

A

Apotheosis

Does anyone else feel that sometimes they are completely on thier own and no one else except those with mental health problems understand.
Yes, & that's about the truth of it. Sadly very few others give a shit, & the vast majority of people don't want to understand. That's the way it is.

starflower

starflower

Why should we feel this way, why don't people understand, just because they can't see it, !!!

starflower

starflower

Don't know what to do? Could phone the samaratons, they are usually nice, but it's hard to talk to a stranger!!

starflower

starflower

Don't want to hurt others, but what about me??

A

Apotheosis

Why should we feel this way, why don't people understand, just because they can't see it, !!!
I think because to do so; to truly try to understand - then they would have to deeply look at themselves.

S

*Sapphire*

I said that the other day to someone Apo, when they asked the same question. :)

T

Twylight

Over the years i've become thick skinned and as indestructiblle as possible

I know that if the majority of people had been through a fraction of what we've been through - they would crumble

I am sensitive about what I write on here though !