• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Need help

T

Tombomb

I need help because I always end up gambling some how some way. I’m afraid cause I never told family n Friends but god I find it hard too stop gambling ! I really hate my self for my selfish impulse too lose money!!

T

Tombomb

It’s even worse then my diagnosis was!! Gambling is hard too stop it just does something for me I guess . Can any relate in some way ??

E

euhidajat9919

I had never gamble before so I don't have any specific advice on this. I, myself have addiction on comics and korean dramas but I find this is only a temporary relieve on the feeling of boredom, reliving hurts and emptiness inside. I only saw few people experiences with gambling and it was awful (from relatives experience). But maybe how you can stop it if you know what triggers you to gamble in the first place and work on it day by day with support group who accept you for who you are. You need help from supportive friends for this..

T

Tombomb

When I leave my house it’s on ! My first impulse is too gamble ! I’ll spend my money that I work for n I’ll just lose money

T

Tombomb

I’m a sucker for slots in almost every store . I’m a sucker for sports betting

E

euhidajat9919

Can I ask why do you gamble in the first place? Is it because of financial problems? I mean I am sure this is not your first choice of hobby right (I am not saying this sarcastically...)

T

Tombomb

Well I won 12000 dollars year ago n I always think I’ll win. Which is not the truth

T

Tombomb

Thx for letting me vent bout something I normally wouldn’t consider even mentioned or putting I’m my issue on the table ??

E

euhidajat9919

I'm sure it took a lot of courage to mentioned this to even strangers you don't know but
if you really want to change or help; I agree with Fairy Lucretia that you need to seek professional help and support group. Your case seems severe for addiction.

N

Newuser6655

Where do you gamble? Online or in shops ? If it's online there's ways to block sites and apps, obviously you'll still have the option to go into a shop. If it gets that bad maybe ask someone to control your finances? You can get a monzo card which allows you to transfer money to it. So set up a direct debit for how much you need and only use that card then cut the rest or give them to someone else to look after who you trust

N

Newuser6655

Thx for advise I think they may work 😀🥮😀😀

Are you on android ? There's an app called STAY FOCUSED that I use to stop me going on certain apps and sites. It's really good, sometimes you just need the help to break the cycle. If it's not possible when you pick up your phone then your brain might move onto something new

SoftRain

SoftRain

I used to gamble. I gambled for the bells, ringers and excitement.I got quite a hefty bill I am paying to this day. Stop as soon as you can.