Need help

L

Lashaie2012

Had a panic attack today, ended up in the hospital. Did labs and ekg everything came back normal besides my heart rate being up from the panic attack. Not sure where it came from, need help or suggestions with dealing with it.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya. Did anything trigger it? Usually, no matter how small, something is a trigger for these things. I learned something called chain analysis. You start with the panic attack and go back one step, where were you what were you doing etc. You chase the thoughts down until you get to the root of the problem. Something utterly trivial might have triggered you and so you dismiss it as silly. But take that thought and see what it reminds you of, what emotion was with it. Then Follow that thought and see what it reminds you of and so on until you get to the root of the powerful emotion that erupted within you. Don't dismiss anything as too silly. Something triggered a chain reaction in you.

L

Lashaie2012

Yeah I’ve been trying to figure that out all day. I woke up at 5am and my anxiety was just messing with me