Need help.

J

Johnny_k92

Hi my name is johnny not my real name by the way, so i don't know where to begin
or how to word it. I guess i could go through a lot of problems and we'll be here for a day, i'll keep it short as possible. I'm not one to ask for help so i'm finding this pretty hard.

It's been 6 years and i haven't even got a job I've tried everything and i know there's loads of other people that tried longer than me. But finding a job isn't the only problem, it seems like no one cares. no one gives me any encouragement and that's including family, i really don't think there's a point in living in a society that doesn't care. Most of this is my own fault when people said go to school because it's important I never really understood why they said that of course 3 years ago I got that but now i'm just starting to realize what an idiot I've been and now that i'm stuck endlessly applying for work and no one ever gets back, the only person that gave me encouragement was my grandfather and he past a year ago now i just feel lost, alone i think the most thing that hurts me the most is. I promise i'd make him proud by joining the army and i fucked that right up. I was a shitty grandchild and a son probably still am. I'm trying to mend that promise and the bad stuff i did, even lost my friends through disagreements. It's coming to point where it's join a gang or kill myself to keep myself from harming others, I'm lost and don't know what to do, but i know that's something my mother or my grandfather would want me to do but i know i need to try and do something, I'm sorry if this was long or awkward.

Unique1

Unique1

Hi Johnny a big :welcome: to the forum!
I'm sorry to hear of your struggles and sorry to hear about your grandad. 12 months is not long ago at all. X

It's great that you have reached out here, let this be the start.
It's never too late to do something and seek out whatever it is you need.

Keep the hope you can still make those people proud.
Some of us just take a bit longer to get going.

I'm wishing you well.
Unique xx

C

Crazy Lady In Stanton

Welcome Johnny, I am sorry you are going through such a hard time right now. Being out of work can be hell. Both my husband and I have suffered bouts of unemployment, so I know how hard that can be. Realizing that so many people just don't care about others can make things that much more difficult. There was a very long period of my life when I had no one who cared about me, so I've been there too. But what I can tell you is that there are people who do care, you just need to keep looking for them. Coming here was a good place to start.
Do you think it would be possible for you to go back to school, or maybe join some kind of training program? What kind of social services are offered in your community?
Whatever you do, don't give up on yourself. You owe it to yourself and your grandfather to keep looking for help and to keep trying. I wish you loads of success.

A

Avan96

Hello :)
Sorry to hear about your given circumstances and your grandfather.
I know how overwhelming life can be when you feel completely lost and on a completely different course/stage to where people at your age group are at. We've all heard the phrase 'it's never too late', have you looked at apprenticeships? Assuming you're over 21, perhaps university as a mature student? ☺😊

Boris

Boris

While you are looking for work, you could use your time more productively, by volunteering... with all the Government cut backs, organisations etc. are crying out for quality people, such as yourself ;) you may well find some of the support you are looking for there too ;)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Depression Forum 10
J Depression Forum 13
L Depression Forum 3
M Depression Forum 12
t_ghost Depression Forum 4