• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Need help with sleep..... What works for you

G

GongKing

I take trazadone. I usually try to come up with a story. And let my mind wonder freely.

S

Shay94

have music playing thru my headphones quietly at night, helps me drift off to just lay there and not think bout shit

M

Mary on the hill

I take trazadone. I usually try to come up with a story. And let my mind wonder freely.
Does trazadone work for you? I tried it a couple times and it didn't work for me. I still have a bottle of it. I forget the mg. maybe 50? I think i took a half pill. Maybe a whole pill would work better? My doc wont write narcotics, but will write a script for trazadone. How many do you have to take to sleep?

nutsie

nutsie

Exercise best to make you tired

For medication, I useing Quetiapine. It is anti-psychotics but you only need very small dose for sleep. 25mg make you drowsy and sleep 6-7 hour. But make you zombie first 3 or 4 days when take

Other person take antihistamines

Best one for sleep is name hydroxozone or hydroxyzine sorry can not remember spell. It is very safe. Quetiapine have side effect some person.

nutsie

nutsie

My friend take trazadone before she say very good but no have my country

J

Johntron9999

i tried quietpine 25mg and also 50mg and i cant stand how detached and odd it makes me feel the next day. that feeling last almost 2 days for me but maybe it will work for others. im going to try chamomile with apeginin and lemob balm and see if that helps ive heard its a good combination for sleep

nutsie

nutsie

i tried quietpine 25mg and also 50mg and i cant stand how detached and odd it makes me feel the next day. that feeling last almost 2 days for me but maybe it will work for others. im going to try chamomile with apeginin and lemob balm and see if that helps ive heard its a good combination for sleep
Quetiapine make weird out about 5 days

G

GongKing

Does trazadone work for you? I tried it a couple times and it didn't work for me. I still have a bottle of it. I forget the mg. maybe 50? I think i took a half pill. Maybe a whole pill would work better? My doc wont write narcotics, but will write a script for trazadone. How many do you have to take to sleep?
I take 100mg at night and it helps, but it's not perfect. It's pretty subtle for me.

nutsie

nutsie

I take 100mg at night and it helps, but it's not perfect. It's pretty subtle for me.
My psych say me Q is more effect sleep at low dose I do not why but now sleep ok 37.5 before taking 100+

J

Johntron9999

My psych say me Q is more effect sleep at low dose I do not why but now sleep ok 37.5 before taking 100+
I just can't do quietapine. It makes me feel depersonalized it's freaky. I've been trying melatonin not much help. Only thing that is working for me is the hard way wake up early and force yourself to stay up. It's hard really hard. Hopefully I can get some magnesium and a few suppliments soon to help

nutsie

nutsie

Many person write MH forum that Q make you zombie

It make me zombie for 3 day at first but truth I like zombie feel

I think Q is not good medicine it is better find an other or get use not so much sleep

N

natalie

Hi John,

I would try listening to music if you can virtually all day, if can't, certainly late at night, and you might find that listening to soothing easy listening music, does wonders, for then sleeping, just be careful regarding batteries! They don't get drained out.

I would also recommend, now, ah, I'm sure about where you are, there in Britain, I can buy Phenagon, Phenagon is mavellous tool for getting to sleep, might be worth a venture to look into.

Regards.

Natalie,

London, UK.

T

Toniyl40

I know you may not think it’s strong enough but try Tylenol pm or aleve pm. It puts me asleep.